Happy Halloween!!!!

I know...gross, but I didn't feel like scooping out all of it's slimy seeds.
Anyway, I hope you are all having a wonderful Halloween Week filled with pumpkins, fun costumes, candy and cavaties (don't forget to brush your teeth....Man, having a husband for a dentist is starting a rub off on me.)
We've had a busy week of celebrations, (and we haven't even been trick or treating yet) Here are some highlights of the week:
Ben and I spent an afternoon making our own halloween decorations to make the house feel a little more "spooky" as Ben would have it. While Bella was taking a nap, Ben and I made Spiders and Ghosts to hang from our ceilings. We then cut out pumpkins and bats to decorate the door.


Then on Tuesday, we went to an awesome pumpkin patch with Ben's preschool. This place has everything to keep anyone happy like potato-sack slides, a barn full of hay to jump into, hayrides, a petting zoo, a maze, a John-deer tricycle racing track and so much more. The kids had a blast, although we have all come down with some kind of cold that might keep us from trick-or-treating tonight....we'll see how things will turn out. It's too nice of a day to not go.
Ben's BFF from preschool. This is us on the hayride.

Time to pick out some pumpkins.

Ben thinks he's super strong and can cart the pumpkins back up the hill.
Instead of using a Potato sack, Ben liked sliding on his belly down the hill.
We headed over to the barn full of hay to jump into. The kids just loved this one. I loved it too, until I saw how much straw we brought home with us hidden in their pockets and diapers.


Then last night, our church had a halloween party for the primary kids. The youth helped to provide games and entertainment and then the kids trick-or-treated to different decorated classrooms to collect candy.
What would Halloween be without super heros like Dash from the Incredibles. Ben called himself "Ben-Dash" all night.
Our little TinkerBelle...or should I say Tinker Bella.
Our cute little neighbor came along to join in the fun...um, i mean Minnie Mouse came.
The youth set up a Fear Factor table where they dared you to touch yucky things without looking at them. Ben thought it was fun.
Bella on the other hand, wasn't falling for that trick. She is such a girl!
Even though John did not dress up, I did however. I warn you that it's scary and I can't believe that I even posted it. Mind you, it is Halloween okay.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
HERE SHE IS.....MISS AMERICA 1987!!! (my hair was a lot puffier earlier that evening to give it the full effect. John said I looked pretty scary...which was my point, but many people said I looked nice!!! That was NOT a compliment. Yikes.
9 comments:
That dress looks familar. Is that your choir dress from high school? Glad to see you all had fun. Your kids look so cute in their costumes. I especially like the tinker bell costume. I should have dressed Aaron up as a Taco.(that was his nick name when he was still in my belly: taco bell) Maybe next year.
I like your pumpkin. That is much easier than pulling out all that yucky pumpkin guts. It looks like you are insanely busy right now. Ben looks like a little man in his Ben-Dash costume and TinkerBella is adorable. Have a great Halloween.
Yipee! Pictures!!!! That looks like tons of fun! Thanks for sharing - hope the colds didn't keep you inside tonight.
your kids are soo cute! Love what you did for halloween. I always try to dress up too, but can never get Todd to join me,, psh,, men! ANd I love your pumpkin!! I will have to remember that for next year, as I got stuck guttin ours this year!
I am going to have to steal your pumpkin idea as well. LOVE IT!
Hey, Rhonda is looking for ya. You can see it here:
http://desertdwellers08.blogspot.com/2007/10/christmas-cards.html
Looks like you had a fun and busy week too, you look great, and your kids are adorable as usual. Gotta love Halloween!
Oh the beauty queen looks great! Thank you for taking my little Minnie Mouse along! I posted some pictures of the kids on Facebook.
so I totally thought you'd be like in a Drill Team competition outfit or something! JK love the costume! Cute family... hope you had a happy halloween :)
I agree—the pumpkin looks great! You are so creative. Our family just did one combined pumpkin. I got everything cleaned out and then got baby distracted so Scott got to finish the carving.
I hope you feel better soon, I am sure it was no fun to be sick for Halloween.
Post a Comment