Friday, November 2, 2007

The Reason I've Been So Sick lately...

So Surprise! John and I are expecting Petrini Baby #3!!!! This is somewhat a surprise to me because I have felt prego for several weeks, but all my tests from past weeks and even a Doctor's Blood test last week was negative. I was so confused because I felt so sick and pregnant, but everyone was telling I was not.

So I went to the doctors office one last time on Monday and told them that if I'm not Pregnant, then something was very wrong because I was so nauseated all the time, and felt so sick. They decided to take one last test to make sure so they could go ahead with some other treatment ideas to fix the problem. They called me with the results saying the test came back positive and that I am 8 weeks along already! I was totally stunned and couldn't believe that I am 8 weeks along and just now the tests are able to read the HG levels.

Anyway, we will be welcoming Petrini Baby #3 in June of next year. We are thrilled...especially because it means I don't have some other serious problem with me like we thought. Yeah!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That is so wonderful!! I am so happy for you and your family. I hope morning sickness isn't keeping you down too much. My poor husband was stuck for 2 years taking care of Christmas because I was too sick to do much of anything. By the way the Halloween costumes are so cute and I love the pumkin idea. We were so lazy we left the guts on the inside of the pumkin and just drew pictures on the outside. Well I'd better get back to work. Congratluations again!!!

Kimberly said...

Didn’t I just talk to you this morning and you mentioned something about a Thanksgiving announcement? I am glad-- news that good is too good to keep for long anyway. Congratulations!

Heidi said...

Congratulations! I hope you will be feeling better soon and that your pregnancy goes well.

Harwood Family said...

Congratulations Petrini Family!! How exciting. As we have just welcomed baby #3 into our family, I know how exciting and exhausting it can be. Everyone will tell you that there's a big change when you go from 2 children to 3. I haven't noticed anything too different yet, but then again Alyssa is only 9 days old. We'll keep you and your family in our prayers.

Tamara Wheeler said...

Congratulations! I sure hope you are not too sick for too long. And June is a great time to have a baby. Not just because my birthday is in June, but because then you won't be fully pregnant through out the summer. Congratulations again!

Harley King said...

Awesome. I don't believe it until I see the ultrasound, though.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you guys! I hope everything goes well for you. Hats off to all you moms that have 2 kids or more and are dealing with those yucky-feelings pregnancy is so notorious for! I am scared to have another baby! Take care and keep the posts coming, they are fun to read!

Kristi Hartman

Julie said...

Congrats you guys! What exciting news. Sorry you're not feeling well, but at least you know why. It's for a good cause right?

Put your feet up girl!

Amy said...

Congrats, Melissa! How exciting. It'll be fun to see what it is. Hopefully you'll be feeling good soon!

Holbrook Girls said...

Congratulations!!! I can't believe how many negative tests you had before you found out you were pregnant. How far apart will Bella and baby #3 be?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's about time you joined the three kids club :)

The Harwood Family said...

Congrats. Do you know other Harwood's? I noticed another comment from "Harwood Family". So we'll be on this journey together. I'm due at the end of May.

Sara said...

Congrats on the new baby! That is great!

I tag you! Now write 6 facts about yourself and tag six friends to do the same!

Seriously... said...

Congrats! that's so exciting. I get tired and sick just hearing OTHER people are pregnant. Good Luck!!!! Cute pumpkin by the way...i like the tongue :)

Bruce said...

YEAH! Congratulations! Can't wait to find out what you are having. :)

Giselle Taminez said...

YEEEHHHH! I am so happy for you guys...and I am so glad you finally know what is going on. Please let me know if their is anything I can do to help.

Giselle

Kimberly said...

I noticed the baby counter. 222 days is a long way to go; maybe you shouldn�t be counting down just yet. The fact that you just found out and you are 8 weeks along, makes it sound like it will be a fast pregnancy.

JBClawson said...

That is so awesome! Congratulations and welcome to the club! It seems like there's several women in the ward that are pregnant, and it is so fun. I hope this is a good pregnancy for you and that you aren't very sick.

Coleen said...

Wow!!!! Congrats!!! That makes your sick pumpkin picture just below this post suddenly feel more...graphic...lol.

Sheri said...

Congrats! Hope you get feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I am glad that those days are over for me, but I do enjoy my grandkids when they are here. Good luck and hope to see you sometime since your parents are going to your place for Thankgiving and Houston for Christmas. Don't know when we will see you again. Hopefully sometime soon, in the meantime I will just keep reading your blog.

Love,
Aunt Janice

Anonymous said...

Congrats Girl!!! I was wondering when you would join Camille and Amy. Guess I am the last to join the 3 kid group. I'm never first. Gosh!! I am just kidding. Your kids costumes look fun. Matt loved your pumpkin.

britentj said...

COngrats to you two!! Hope the morning sickness doesnt beat you horribly!!!