Thursday, November 8, 2007

HAPPY ONE-HUNDRETH POST!!!!



Wow, 100 blog posts by yours truly...I didn't know I would stick with this blogging thing for so long. I should make a cake for myself, just like they do for TV shows when they make their one-hundredth episode. :)

Anyway, I thought I would just write about some funny things my kids have been saying or doing this week that just crack me up.

(We were at the doctors the other day, and Ben got to watch the technician take my blood for some tests. He thought it was the same thing as getting a shot or something. Anyway, we started to leave and Ben starts to whine:)
Ben: " I didn't get a shot mommy. I want to get a shot too."
Me: "You really want to get a shot?"
Ben: "Yes, you have to go back. It's my turn."
(Just then, we pass by the free flu shot clinic.
Me: "Okay, Ben, you really want a shot....I can arrange that for you."
Ben: "Okay, thank you Mommy."
(Then we get in there, and the kid did not even flinch when they gave him the shot! They gave him a sticker and some candy, and he looked pretty pleased. I better watch out for this kid as he gets older. He is not afraid of needles or blood at all.)
After wards, he said thank you.

Today, we were at a friends house, and since they live in a single family home, they have a long driveway and a garage,(we live in a town house with street parking). Well, Ben thinks that is so cool and told me on the way home, "Mom, we need a road and a garage at our house. Lets go to the store and get some." I said, "Where would I get a road and a garage Ben?" He said, "We'll go to the road store and the garage store and buy some."(Like duh mom!)

While Ben was at preschool today, I thought I would make it easy on myself by grocery shopping with only one kid in tote. Bella did great most of the time until she saw all the food I was putting in the cart and she realized she was hungry. So in order to not make a scene with her pleadings, I gave in and opened one of the those REALLY big boxes of fish crackers and gave it to her to munch on (I know, I probably shouldn't do that until i pay, but at least I buy the opened food and I don't leave it on some random shelve when we are done with it....I've seen that happen before) Anyway, I turned around for a minute to grab something off the shelf and suddenly I hear a noise of someone dumping something on the floor. I turned around to find Bella dumping the entire box of fish crackers in the middle of the isle. Well, needless to say, I bought a nearly empty box of fish crackers at the price of $6. Thanks Bella. Maybe I've learned a lesson here to remember to feed my kids before we go grocery shopping.

Tapping Bella Feet:
So If any of you remember how I have been teaching a tap and lyrical class for some friends of mine, it has been going really well. I'm up to 11 students now, and it's been great for me. I usually make up all my dances at home, and I can't believe what an impact it has had on Bella. She just dances around our house most of the day and sings pretty songs to us. I went ahead and bought Bella some tap shoes...I couldn't resist, they were so darn adorable. So, when I am tapping in my kitchen, she puts on her shoes and is tapping right along with me. I took a little video of her if your interested:







Another cake I made for a friend who is having a baby. I thought it turned out cute:

9 comments:

Sara said...

Ben is so funny! It sounds like he and Russell would get along really well (you should read my post about the silly things Russell says). Bella is stinkin' cute!!! How fun! And that cake is amazing! What frosting do you use? You are a woman of many talents!!!

Tamara Wheeler said...

The cake....WOW!

Ben is a funny boy.

And 100 posts....Congrats. now, tell me how to find out how many posts I have made. :D

Tamara Wheeler said...

Hey, I found it. I have 145. Not too shabby! :D

Cindy & Billy said...

Bella tap dancing is so adorable. I love the videos that you post.

The Bells said...

How Cute! I can't believe that Ben isn't scared of needles. I hate needles. Bella is going to be a beautiful dancer. I really enjoyed watching your video. She is so cute. Once again you made another beautiful cake. You were suppose to show me how to make one. That cake looks to good to cut and eat.
I hope you are feeling better. Too bad you aren't as far a long as you thought. That will make this pregnancy last forever. :) I am so excited for you though.

Johnny and Becca said...

Ben is ssooooo funny! Bella is going to be a beautiful dancer when she grows up! So how long have you done these dance classes. I can't wait to see them!

Coleen said...

How cute!!! I loved the video of Bella. Like everyone else has said...the cake is beautiful! You really have a talent! It reminds me of Ace of Cakes on The Food Network. If you haven't seen it, look some of their stuff up online...it's fabulous. I hope everything else is going well!

Kimberly said...

Love the tap dancing! She is going to be a dancer for sure. Do you think you will ever live to be 100 hundred like the picture of the lady on your post?

Kim / Belly Button and Co. said...

UMH DO YOU WANT TO COME AND MAKE A CAKE FOR ME... THE CAKE IS FREAKIN' CUTE.... SOOOOOO... UMH YAH OUR LAPTOP THAT OLY FRIENDS ON MY FAMILY.COM.... IT SOMEHOW DIDN'T WORK ANYMORE...AND I HAD A HARD TIME LOGGING IN SOMETIMES, THEREFORE... I KIND OF LOST TRACK OF IT!!!!!! AND I WAS TRYING TO REMEMBER YOUR BLOGSPOT.... SO I AM GLAD THAT YOU LEFT ME A NOTE!!!!! CONGRATS ON BABY NUMBER 3.... YOU ARE A BRAVE SOUL!!!!!! HOW FAR ALONG ARE YOU???????? HEY ARE YOU GOING TO BE IN TOWN FOR CHRISTMAS????? LET ME KNOW...

LATA....
KIMMIE