Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A little more info...

So I was able to go to the doctors today to get checked out and I had a lot of questions answered. Mostly I was concerned that I didn't get any positive results for weeks when I thought I was farther along. But after an ultrasound today, they determined that I'm only 5 weeks along and that I must have gotten pregnant later than I thought. So, now I'm a whole month behind what I thought...but at least I have confirmed results that I am expecting, which puts my mind at ease. Anyway, the new projected due date is July 8th.

In other boring news ;) ....I'm just getting over a bad cold that most of the family had and Bella and myself had lost our voices for about 3 days. You can imagine that Ben did not take me every seriously when I would try to "yell" at him to stop doing something when it came out as a whisper. Anyway, I think we are all feeling much better, and I will be back blogging normally in no time.

Thanks for all your wonderful comments and best wishes. We are very excited and can't wait until July to see if it will be a he or a she...yes, that's right, the plan right now is not to find out the sex of the baby until we actually deliver. It makes the whole experience so much more suspenseful, don't you think? Anyway, John doesn't think I can hold out that long to know, but i will do my best to try to keep my curiosity on the down-low and just wait until the delivery like women had to for thousands of years.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I wondered if you ended up getting pregnant later than you thought because of your negative tests and if you would have to adjust your date. I'm glad that the doctor was able to see you so soon and that all is going well. Congratulations again!

Tamara Wheeler said...

Hey, I didn't find out with two of mine. hannah was the first one. I had an ultrasounds at every single appointment and I still held out. It was so fun. Of course, there are people who didn't like me not finding out. But it makes it funner to tell everyone once you have the baby as well.

The next one was Emma. They couldn't tell. The doctor told me she *thought* it was a girl, but she wouldn't bet her farm on it.

Now, Ian....even I could tell from the Ultrasound!

Glad your appointment went well even if you have to wait longer to have the baby.

britentj said...

It is the Canadian way to wait until after the baby is born to find out what you are having. It does make it way more suspensful, especially since you already have one of each sex. Although it does make it hard for those that want to buy you a gift,, but lots of kids look great in green and yellow! *wink* Here is hoping you can hold out that long!