Daddy's Girl...
It's true what they say about little girls who just love their Daddy's. The moment John walks in the door, Bella is yelling "Yeah, Daddy, yeah, Daddy!" She just wants to be with him all the time and is just content being with him, even if he has some reading to do. What a cute little pair they are.
The Law of Physics:
So I was craving a a nice cold glass of milk to go with my graham crackers. Since there were no glasses to be found, except in the dishwasher, I grabbed one out while it was still in the Heat Dry cycle. Perhaps i should have the let the glass cool down before i poured cold milk into. About 3 seconds later, I heard the glass crack and then it split wide open, spilling my milk everywhere. This is what it looks like now, minus all the spilled milk I had to clean up. No glass to clean up though, it really just split right down the middle. Crazy! So lesson learned: Never pour cold things into really warm glasses. Yesh!
4 comments:
I did that once, but it was with a huge glass pitcher. It was one of my favorite things we got from our wedding and I broke it...yeah, not a fun lesson to learn!
It is amazing how it split like that. Kind of neat.
Bella is so cute. Girls are really for the Daddy. So far it seems like my girls have prefered me until they turn 2, then it is all Dad!
It is nice to learn from other peoples mistakes. I have never broken a glass like that and now hopefully I never will.
I love your blog - it is always so updated, and you have the most interesting life (or at least a way of looking at life that makes the mundane seem interesting)! For future reference, the hot glass / cold liquid or cold glass / hot liquid glass breaking can often be prevented by putting a metal spoon in the glass. Particularly for hot liquids, it helps to disipate the heat rather than stressing the glass. At least, that's what they told me in Physics!
Post a Comment