Friday, October 5, 2007

Ben's Corner

Ben says the funniest things sometimes...at least they are to me.

Yesterday, he was being so silly and trying to be funny because he knows usually that means he gets tickled by mommy or daddy when he's silly. Well, i guess I was a little slow on his cues because he then said "Mommy....you can tickle me now," and he braced for the tickle monster.

I try to limit the time Ben spends watching TV, and whenever I tell him his TV time is up...he'll wait a while and then tell me that Bella wants to watch Diego or Thomas...nice try buddy.

Since John is gone a lot at work, and usually leaves before the kids wake up and usually comes home after they sleep..it can be days before the kids see him again. After we had a great weekend together as a family, John returned to work on Monday, and Ben asked me, "Mommy, can Daddy come visit us again sometime and stay the night." I guess he thinks John doesn't live here and is just a visitor. It's almost sad that he thinks that, but it's a busy time for John, but it will only be like this for a another year or so...I hope.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

At least you have a later bedtime so you get to see John once in a while right?

Tamara Wheeler said...

I can totally relate to the dad never home schedule. We are the same way around here. Gardner leaves before 7am and gets home around 10pm.

Although, I have never been asked if he could come visit again. But I have been asked by Spencer who is 8 why dad is never here.

I hope for your sake it is only another year or so. This is the first time that work has come before our family and it is a hard adjustment at times.

TOVAR said...

Kids are so great. I love how much the love life and people and especially our attention. Sometimes when I am feeling like nothing I do is right or when I feel less then what I am, I can always count on my kids to remind me that I am important at least to them. Amazing. No wonder we are supposed to be like children.

Becca said...

Ben's comments are so cute! I can't wait until Parker can say sentences and says some funny things. However, I do know when he is excited to talk to Jake and that he misses him. How sweet little children are!

Heidi said...

That was so sweet that he wanted daddy to stay overnight. I'm glad you go to have a fun weekend together.