Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What a crazy, scary day....

Holy cow, I sure hope I don't have another day like the one I've been having so far. To start, I went to my friends house to get my hair done. I arrived at her house around 9:30am and she didn't get home in time to meet me until 10am from dropping her kids off at school. Anyway, then somehow, it took almost another hour to get the kids situated and get her stuff ready. Then she started cutting my hair (let me just start off by saying she did a fabulous job on my hair, so no complaints there) but it took her almost another 45 minutes to trim my hair. We had to keep stopping to help the kids somehow or another.

Then once she started coloring my hair, she gets a knock on the door and it's a Cop telling her that a neighbor called about her dog getting into their yard and that they might press charges and she realizes her dog has not received his rabies vaccine and the cop is giving her lip about it. All the while I realize, that I don't hear the kids in the other room anymore. We start looking around and find out they slipped out the back door and are no where to be found...and the cop is still there looking at us like we are both crazy moms now. So picture me now, running around her yard and neighborhood looking for Ben with Tin foil wraps in my hair...lovely. I finally find the kids a few houses down and bring them back and plant them on the couch until the officer leaves. We stick on a movie and we get going on my hair again.

Soon, the kids wander to the backyard and we tell them to stay put and stay out of trouble. No more than 20 minutes later, my friends son comes running in the house screaming bloody murder and his head is bleeding.....no...GUSHING with blood. We are both trying to get info out of him, and my friend assumed it was her other son that did it. When her son finally calmed down, I asked him what happened and he pointed to Ben and said that Ben threw a knife at his head. I turned to Ben and to my horror, he said it was him. I about lost it, and felt so bad that my kid did this to someone. All the while, my friend continued to be patient and didn't seemed phased that my son was responsible for the accident and was as calm as can be in helping her son. Luckily, it stopped bleeding and it seemed it was a blunt butter knife that just nicked an artery or something. Anyway, we finally finished my hair around 3pm...5 hours later.

I have to give an award to my friend for her patience today. If I were her I would have flipped out...a couple of times. She says she's used to chaos in her house, but really, I think she has just learned true patience with everyone.

Luckily, I have a night planned out with the girls and we are going to the "So you think you can dance" concert. I need a break.

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Sounds like you have a really, really good friend. I'm so glad everything turned out ok in the end.

Bruce said...

Those are the days you think, "Is this REALLY happening?" Wow! You really did have a day you hope to never have again.

I would love to see pictures of your hair. It's amazing your hair turned out after the crazyness. Your friend must be really good! :)

Kimberly said...

I want to see pictures of your hair. What a crazy day! You definitely deserve a girls night out after that.

Kay said...

WOW, what a day! and all you wanted was to get your hair done. It is amazing that you actually got it finished. I enjoy reading your blog and learning new things about you all the time. Sit back and relax once in a while, it is for your own good (and sanity).

Sara said...

Yikes! That is a crazy, scary day. I am glad that everything turned out okay. You have a great friend!

DC Diva said...

Holy cow! What a story... what a day! I'm glad everyone and thing (including your hair) turned out okay!

Anonymous said...

Yikes. I think I would have given up after a 45 min trim! p.s. I tag you - go look at the "5 things" post on my blog.

Unknown said...

ok so the day i read your blog I was having a bad day -- then I read your blog and thought I was pretty silly -- you are hilarious. I love that you could have that crazy story to tell forever!