Sunday, October 7, 2007

Ben's Corner- Part 2

I was making lunch for the kids the other day, and I asked Ben if he wanted a Grilled Cheese sandwich. And he said, "Yes, I would like a girl with cheese sandwich." So I repeated again how to say it correctly, and the second time he said, "Oh, sorry a Girl Cheese sandwich." At this point, I just let it go...it was too cute to correct. Has anyone had a Girl Cheese sandwich as apposed to a Boy Cheese sandwich?

We've also been trying to help Ben use nicer words and to not whine so much when he wants something. Tonight, when I was trying to put him to bed, usually he whines for another story or another song, but this time when I said we were done, he put on the sweetest little face and said, ever so kindly "Mommy, please, I love you, Please will you please read me one more story, please." My heart just melted...all those "pleases" does something to me. How could I refuse.

4 comments:

The Bells said...

I have a girl cheese sandwich story. We were out to lunch with Eric's sister and her little girls. When we were ordering, Camie, who was three at the time wanted a grilled cheese sandwich. She leaned over to Eric and said: "Do you like girl cheese sandwiches or boy cheese sandwiches." It was cute.

Claudia said...

Ha! I can't wait until we know enough words to start this kind of game!

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly said...

This is one of my favorite ages. They understand so much, but then it is so hard not to laugh at the innocent misunderstandings. I think Jacob was the most classic in our family for getting words mixed up just a little. I always want to write stuff down, but then I hardly ever do.

The other day I asked Matthew to help set the table. He then sat down in his seat for dinner. When I asked him again to help he said, “I did sit the table.” Actually this one has happened a lot and Josh has done it too.