Saturday, September 13, 2008

A walk in the "Hundred Acre Wood"

John had the fabulous idea to take the kids for a nice walk in the woods by our house. The kids didn't seem to thrilled, and to tell you the truth, I wasn't either.
None-the-less, we set off on our journey and told the kids we were walking in the Hundred Acre Wood (from Winnie the Pooh).

Bella brought her camera to "take pictures of the animals" we found.



The bridge where you can play "pooh sticks". (I guess you have to have had watched the movies a million times like I have to know what "Pooh Sticks" is.)

This is Bella, walking backwards, and telling John and I to stop talking and to keep up with her. :)

Bella finally caught up with Ben (who was always running a couple of yards ahead of us), and they think they are being so funny by running away from us.

John has a very watchful eye and spotted this tree that had a hole in the side. If you look carefully, there are door hinges attached to the tree. We told the kids that it is where Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh used to live and there must have been a door attached to it. Strange huh?

Overall, the shade provided us some cooler temperatures to deal with and we had a nice walk together...oh, um, I mean 'adventure' as the kids would call it.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

What an adventure! Your kids will be disappointed when they discover that's not really the hundred-acre woods, but I'm sure it made your outing a lot more fun. The pictures of the girls sleeping is so cute! Congratulations on Bella's potty-training achievements.

Shari said...

How much fun! So Corey and I are going to be going to Washington D.C. the last week in October! We are staying in Sterling. We should definitely get together if you guys are too far away. E-mail me with your address and phone number so I can call you. I think you already have my e-mail, but if not post a comment on my blog and I will get it to you.