Friday, March 7, 2008

What the kids are up to these days....

I love to just sit a listen to my kids sometimes. Even the sound of their tiny voices makes me smile:

-Whatever Bella puts in her mouth (mostly food), is usually followed by the comment, "Mmmmmm, tat's Deewwicious!" (That's delicious)

-If Bella knows she is in trouble after doing something she knows is wrong, she will suddenly become so sweet and say, "I'm sowwy(sorry) mommy, can I give you a hug and kiss?"

-If Bella runs to a corner to "do her business," I will ask Bella if she is poopy afterward and her response is always, "it's okay, It's better now."

-I overheard Ben tell Bella at the park to not touch the spider they were looking at because "It could 'web' you."

-Anytime Bella is walking around in her Princess costume, she will proudly tell you that "I'm pwincess Tinker Bewwa(she can't say Bella yet, it's always Bewwa)."

-There is a new show on Nick JR. called Ne Hao Kai Lan (a Chinese based show). I hear Bella walking around the house saying "Ni Hao" to everyone, (which I think means Hello in Chinese) And with Ben always watching Diego and Dora, he's always saying "Vamonos" which I think means "Come on." We are really becoming a bilingual family now. :) (Although John does speak Italian and I can speak a little french...very little).

In other daily happennings:
I found Bell trying to cut her toenails with John's monster Toenail clippers. She insisted "I got it, mommy, I got it."


Why I love having a girl! I painted Ben's toes once when he was a baby, and that did not go over well with John as you can imagine.


The kids dancing together.

6 comments:

The Bells said...

How cute! I am excited for Aaron to start talking and say cute things like that. However, I am enjoying him at this stage too. Bella looks like she hit a growth spurt. She almost as tall as Ben with her hair. :) I miss you guys! How is your pregnancy going? I think it is time for you to post a picture of your belly. :)

Cindy & Billy said...

cute cute cute

Kimberly said...

Once Jacob was so sad because I had painted mine and Samantha's toes and refused to paint his. He was too little to understand, so I painted just one.

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

Kids say the cutest things! i can't wait to hear Ava talking :)

Claudia said...

I love toddler-speak. I realized the other day at library story time that I speak fluent toddler now, and even the most baffling things make sense. Currently, Theo has latched onto the word "refreshments" and loves to tell us that it is time for refreshments after family home evening...

Cherise said...

Jonathan's been saying "dee-licious" lately too, it's about time - most of the time it's "yucky" when it's meal time.... I love it when Carrie comes up with her own sayings for things, she asks me to slow down in the car all the time - she says she doesn't want the police man to "knock me over" (in normal english "pull me over") Funny eh?