Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day and Weekly update...

(Found this in my own front yard...pretty lucky eh?)

I tried to update the blog yesterday, but then got side-tracked and never did...obviously. So here is my late St. Patty's Day update.

I didn't even realize it was St. Pat's day until around 10am. Knowing that a good friend of mine always has fun plans for any occasion, I gave her call to see what she was doing and sheepishly asked if I could tag along. We ended up going to some Botanical Garden where they had the kids go on a Leprechaun Hunt. The "hunt" was more like a nice walk through their gardens and at the end, the kids got a goodie bag. They all seemed to have a great time. Thanks Rachelle for letting us tag along.

Coloring our own green sippie cups: (Yes, I am looking quite prego in the face lately...love this part of the process)






Finding clues of where that Leprechaun went:

No Leprechaun here, but Bubbles are just as fun:


Just taking a quick break from our walk in the gardens.



In Other Petrini Happenings:

So I have to give myself a little pat on the back for this next post. Several months ago, I approached the board of our Home Association and gave them a full presentation of why they needed to update their playgrounds in the area. Ben has already broken his arm when he was 2 from jumping off a very un-friendly toddler playground, came home with several splinters, the playgrounds were unsafe, and not up to regulations....etc, etc...you get the picture.

Then I presented to them, my ideas of what they needed to have and the kinds of playgrounds that are in the area that put ours to shame. Needless to say, they listened to me, and within a week, I was put as chairman on their new playground committee to replace all 5 of our playgrounds. So myself and my committee met with several vendors, choose one, picked out all the designs and Viola! Here we are 6 months later and we finally have a new playground that my kids LOVE!!!

Before:


After:


The Wind-blown look:


Ben insisted on wearing his bike helmet the rest of the day. This one we call the Spider-web:



The Kids just playing around with Daddy's Cell Phone and Daddy:



Actually Daddy is sleeping while the kids jump around and on top of him:



7 comments:

matt and brynnzie said...

Do you usually make your kids wear helmets while playing on playgrounds? How safety savvy you are. I'm kidding. I am glad you are all well, and miss you tons. When are you coming to Utah again? Oh, and I want to see a pregnant belly picture. That would be fun.

matt and brynnzie said...

oh, and Scary Mary, didn't need to see her that way, little creepy!!

Brooke said...

ooo, cool walk! and way to go on the playgrounds!

Julie said...

wow I want that playground too . . . nice work.

p.s. you look great!

Anonymous said...

You are right, that other playground looked pretty sad...why do people design wooden playgrounds anyway?? Way to take charge, I need to be more like that!

Holbrook Girls said...

Way to go! Your new playground looks like a lot of fun! By the way, your face does not look pregnant at all yet!

Heidi said...

Congrats on getting the new playgrounds. I really admire you for making a difference. You've inspired me to do something instead of just complaining.