No-Sew Fleece Pillows...
A friend of mine had shown me these cool and easy pillows and how to make them. They really were super easy (especially for the sew-machine-handy-capped people like me) and they turned out great. We made these in my Young Women Mutual class, and I think the girls really liked them too. So here's what you do:
Step 1: Buy different patterns of Fleece material and some pillowing stuffing.
Step 2: Measure how large you want your pillow (these ones are 12" x 16"). Make sure the other side of the pillow is exactly the same. Line them up on top of each other, and then cut a 2" square out of the corners.
Step 3: Then cut 2 to 3 inch strips up to the same line of the squared-corners (am I making sense?...if not just look at the pictures below)
Step 4: Next, tie three sides of the pillow together, leaving an opening on the fourth side to stuff your pillow.
Optional Step 5: If you want to have words on it, you can buy iron-on letters to make a word, or write your name. Since we were making Prayer Pillows, that is what we put on them. Iron them on before you stuff the pillow.
Step 6: Stuff the pillows and then tie off the ends. And there you have it. It took me about 20-25 minutes to make one, but after that I got faster at each pillow once I knew what I was doing.
6 comments:
OH, I love them. I'll have to use that idea for my young women's.
I went to the fabric store today, and I didn't see anything as cute as what you made. I guess I will have to keep looking.
Those are way too cute. Emilee has spring break next week and they look like she could help out and give them to friends. Great idea.
They really are soooo easy, in fact Ben and Bella wouldn't stop playing with the pillows I had made for the girls, so I made two more for them and they sleep with them everynight. Ben also loved helping me cut the strips and stuffing it.
Your pillows turned out nicely. I hope that Ben stayed away from them this time so you didn't have to re-stuff them again! Nice fabric too.
Those are so cute. Thanks for sharing. It looks like I could actually make a pillow since I don't know how to sew. Thanks for the great pictures too. That helps me see what to do.
Post a Comment