Monday, March 24, 2008

The Joys of Easter...

Of course the obvious joy of celebrating the Easter Season is in remembering Jesus Christ and the tremendous and incalculable sacrifice He made for each of us. For the first time, I think I spent more than just one day pondering the significance of his life, death and resurrection. It all seemed to have so much more meaning this year. Overall, I'm forever in His debt, but I will be forever grateful to Him for the chance to live again as He does now and to be with my family forever. What a wonderful thing to celebrate!!!

I also love to celebrate this season because the weather is getting warmer, my flowers are starting to bloom, we get to eat yummy candy, paint eggs, and of course, who doesn't smile when you see little girls dressed in beautiful Easter dresses?

On Sunday Morning, the "Easter Bunny" aka John and Melissa, hide the eggs that we all painted the night before...


Then, we got the kids dressed and made them wait at the top of stairs until we were ready.

Ben scouting out the area to get a head start on finding those eggs...





Posing to show off her pretty dress the Easter Bunny left for her...






When we returned from church services, the kids had one more surprise waiting for them, the yummy chocolate and Easter candy.






This is the effects of what too much sugar can do to my family.


We hope you all had an enjoyable Easter weekend and hope you will have a wonderful Spring Break!

5 comments:

The Bells said...

You got some cute Easter pictures. Bella looks so beautiful in ther dress. Happy Easter! I hope you all had a great day. Too bad we can't all get together for these occasions. This is when I really miss having family around.

Cherise said...

Bella sure looks cute in that dress! I decided that Carrie has enough dresses right now, and Jonathan's birthday is next week, so no clothing for Easter this year. Looks like your family had a great Easter!

Holbrook Girls said...

Cute Easter pictures. I love their Easter outfits.

Sharon said...

Happy Easter! It looks like you guys had a great time! I echo Angela's comments that I wish we could get together.

TOVAR said...

I loved those baskets. I was having a hard time finding a boy worthy basket that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I am glad you had fun.