Why God gave us 3 year olds...
Today has been an interesting day, and it's only 3pm. I love my little Benjamin, but some days, I don't know how to deal with him and his little tricks.
Like today, it was his last soccer game, and I gave him a piece of gum as a reward for doing a great job. Usually, the gum isn't an issue and he knows how to dispose of it and take care of it because he knows if he doesn't, he won't get any gum again for a long time. Well, today, I found the gum wrapped around one of the kittens...if I had the camera nearby, I would have taken a picture, but I think I was too mad at that point to even think about that. So I had to painstakingly remove the gum from her fur, which luckily wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I guess I had an image in my head that I would have to buzz the fur right off of Lorenzo and make him look like Mr. Bigglesworth from Austin Powers.
Later on, I went to the fridge to prepare some lunch, and do you know what I found in the fridge?.....one of the kittens! I think he had to have been in there at least 5 minutes since I remember hearing Ben opening and closing the fridge. What a stinker...don't worry, the kitten is okay, and luckily so is my food.
Even though he likes to do these things to the kittens, he sure loves them and wants to cuddle with them all day.
Anyway, with many more crazy moments and disobedient behavior, along with several time-outs, none of this seems to phase my little boy.
About 20 minutes ago, I suddenly hear the vacuum downstairs. I walked down stairs to find Ben trying to vacuum the main floor, and that he had tried to clean up the room. Pleasant surprise....most certainly. I asked him what he was doing, and he said "a clean home is a happy home, mommy." (something he has heard me say a million times after we have cleaned up his trains and blocks a million times.) He said he wants mommy and daddy to be happy, and that he wanted to help clean up.
It's little precious moments like these that make you forget about the gum in the cats hair or finding a kitten in your fridge etc.
1 comment:
It's so funny what kids will do . . .
Post a Comment