The life of a single mom....well, almost...
Ok, I'm not single as you already know, but with John's residency and the hours he works, almost 6-7 days a week sure can make me feel like I'm on my own at times. I greatly admire those who are trying to push and pull the wagon at the same time when it comes to raising kids and trying to work full time to support them. Luckily, I do have the luxury to stay home with my kids, but when you don't see your spouse hardly ever, and the only time you get to talk is right before they fall asleep, it can become taxing.
Luckily, his residency is only 2 more years, and then it will all be so much better. Regular hours, weekends to actually spend together, and vacations without worrying about what you should really be doing at work. I think I can hold on for just 2 more years.
I just have to tell you though that I feel like the luckiest girl ever to have John in my life. He simply is wonderful and is so helpful when he is home. He loves to help out and clean dishes, vacuum or give the kids a bath without me even asking. he even makes his side of the bed...even though I'm still sleeping on the other side. :)
I can simply say that he is my superman who can do it all. I am always amazed at his knowledge and his determined and dedicated attitude in all that he does. He is most caring, sensitive, God-fearing and just so darn lovable. I love you sweety!
1 comment:
Melissa, I hear you! Dave's schedule is almost as tough, not to mention the 1-1 1/2 hr commute each way that he has right now. I love that John makes his side of the bed. That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard. What a great guy. We miss you in California! Take care.
Post a Comment