Friday, August 10, 2007

Passing of an Apostle

I was sad to hear the news today that President James E. Faust, 2nd counselor to the Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints passed away peacefully this morning. But I am also so happy for his return to our Heavenly Father. More information at www.lds.org



I have had the blessed opportunity to meet President Faust when he spoke at my high-school Seminary graduation. (His grandson went to my school and I guess asked if he would speak) Anyway, I still remember the thrill when I shook his hand. I felt strongly and knew that he was a chosen Apostle of God.



How wonderful it is to think that Prophets and Apostles walk the earth again today and that they have been given all the keys to administer to such a great work that not even a small percentage of the world is aware of. I truly felt the spirit tell me that he held those keys given by the Lord and that it was very important that I listen and follow the teachings and guidance of these valiant men.

I am so grateful and happy to have the full truth and knowledge and to know why I am here on this earth and what it is that I am here to do, and what this life is really about. It's not just about choosing right from wrong and being an all-around good person; that is just the foundation to build upon. You don't get a house to shelter you with just a foundation, there must be more. So many people spend their lives looking for the answers that I have been given and sadly most of them will never find it because they are looking in all the wrong places. How I wish I could be bold and brave like ancient prophets to share the gospel and help people to see past the present world and wickedness and be better and stand taller for something that actually matters. Okay, I'm getting off my soap-box now. Back to my original train of thought, I just wanted to wish my own love and condolences to all those who loved our dear President Faust.

1 comment:

Cinders said...

Thank you for your testimony. You are such an amazing woman with such a special spirit. Love ya.
Mom