Saturday, November 8, 2008

My "brag-fest"

I realize that many people believe that these blogs should be called "brags" because they feel too many people use it as a tool to brag about their life and kids. You know what....I don't care! I set up this "Brag-Blog" so my family and friends that are all spread out across the U.S. could keep up with us and never feel slighted that they missed out on all the events in our family. I feel the same way when I read their blogs too and it helps make me not feel so home sick for the way I grew up with all my grandparents and cousins around me. So there.

Now on to my brag-fest!

Let's start with Astronaut Ben:
Ben got a NASA space shuttle movie for his birthday, and watches it about once a day. Whenever he is playing with his space shuttle toys, I hear him narrating the movie that he has memorized. Listen to this:

(BTW, he is watching himself in a mirror as he is talking, that is why he never looks at me and keeps lifting up his shirt...I guess it's a tactic to keep people interested while he narrates boring facts...lol)

He's been wearing his Halloween astronaut costume just about everyday, but he accidentally broke the cheap zipper. He informed me that we needed to go to the "Astronaut Zipper Store" to get it fixed. :)



So Ben's Preschool is literally right across the street from my townhouse. So we walk Ben to school every morning, however, he takes the BUS home. It's pretty funny. Since all the kids get on the bus, it makes it easier for the teachers. It also makes it easier for me to get him because I only have to walk out my door without crossing the street again while they drop him off.

Here is the bus still at school....I can see this from my front door:

Then they come out the circle, and drop him off within 20 seconds.

He seems very satisfied that he gets to "ride" the bus like the big kids. :)

My "Cutie Cutie" Bella

Bella tries so hard to keep up with Ben these days and usually repeats just about everything he says, but sometimes with a twist, like when the other day, Ben was running around with a bandanna on his head and came to tell me that he was a "bandit." A few moments later, Bella came running over to me to tell me that she was a "band-aid" too.




My precious Amelia Jane
This little girl is just so amazing and so fun to play with. She hardly cries, is very playful, a very good sleeper most nights, is so giggly and ticklish, very observant of her surroundings and people, and is so elated when you look at her.



Gosh, I'm so grateful for these kids and the joy (and some headaches at times) that they bring me. I know that someday I will miss even the hardest of days that I spend with them while they are little. It's not easy, but it so oh-so worth every minute of it!

3 comments:

TOVAR said...

Hey, if people don't like the info, they can just enjoy the pictures. I think that it's always fun to hear about what the kids are saying and doing. We all walk to school in the morning which is a fantastic workout and beautiful to watch the sun rise. Then Mia rides the bus home. It works great all the way around.

Harwood Family said...

I had never heard the blog refered to as a "brag", but I like it. It would be too hard for me to blog without including the kid or vacation pictures. BTW, my daughter would be so jealous to find out that your son gets to ride the bus home across the street from preschool. Amelia is just darling.

Shari said...

I absolutely love brags..blogs! It is so much fun to see what everyone is up to that we grew up with! I miss the days of hanging out at Grandma and Grandpa and riding our bikes in circles for hours!!! We had such an awesome childhood, don't ya think?