Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More Bella "Twists" and our Latest Goal Charts


Now that the kids are getting older, we've been trying to teach them about giving each other their privacy and to close the door when they use the restroom or change. Even though Bells still needs help at times using the potty, lately, she has become persistent that I don't look at her. She yells, "Mommy, don't look at my privacy!"

Ben and Bella both have little game "laptops" that they like to play on. Every time Ben would make some points, I would hear him yell "Score!". Then Bella would pretend that she made some points on her game and would yell "Squirrel!"

I've been working really hard with Ben with his reading and sounding out letters, and with Bella learning her alphabet letters. I always have Ben sound out each letter before he continues with the words. With Bella, I give her hints to what sounds the letter makes to help her out. Today, she was trying to figure out the letter D. I helped her out by saying, "It says Da Da Da, like in Dog. What letter says Da?" Bella: "Ummmm.....A? Ummmmmmmm........R? Ummmmmmmm........T?"

When ever she sees a group of letters, she randomly points to the letters and yells out "It says B...E.....L....L....A....it says Bella!" Me: "No sweetie, that's says Pizza." (She thinks everything spells Bella right now. Yeah, we are still working on this.


Our new Finished Goal Chart:
So it took the kids almost 2 months to complete their goal chart. I changed a few things from the last one, and I like it much better. I found that the kids were more excited to earn stickers than color in the chart. Plus it's much easier.

Bella's Goal: A baby doll with a bottle

Ben's Goal: A Planet Hero action figure

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Bella saying, "don't look at my privacy!" That made me laugh! Your goal charts are such a cool idea, I think I am going to steal that and do one with Addy! BTW, I am so glad all us cousins have 'brag-fests,' it makes me feel like we still keep in touch on some level:)

Shari said...

I remember when you told me about Bella and her saying "Don't look at my privacy!" But it was so much better to hear her actually say it. She is so funny! I just love your kids! I can't wait to see you guys again!!