I'm a Hypocrite, but it was worth it!

After a previous post about whether to read or not read the twilight series, I received several responses that still left me undecided. But, I was curious, and finally borrowed the first book from a friend. Long story short, I'm in the middle of the 3rd book now and on top of that, I was crazy enough to go see the Movie at midnight last night....and I loved EVERY minute of it!
I know, I know! I know what you are thinking....she caved to peer pressure! And what's even worse, is that I knew I would have a hard time staying awake till 3am to see the movie, and so at dinner with all my gal pals (it was a really fun night ladies!), I ordered a forbidden Dr. Pepper! *shock* Yes, I am one who stays away from caffeine for religious and personal reasons, but in desperate times...it calls for desperate measures.
In fact, a gal from our group shared a funny story about how in church, they were teaching the primary kids about the Word of Wisdom (for those unfamiliar with what that is, the short answer would be that we restrain from all alcohol, drugs, coffee, tea, caffeinated drinks and anything that would be unhealthy to your body and mind). Anyway, as the primary kids were sharing their answers about what is okay, and what is not, one little boy raised his hand and said that caffinated drinks are not okay unless you have to stay awake to drive for a long time...ha ha ha! I guess it's a joke for those who are members of my faith and know what I'm talking about.
Anyway, I really liked the movie, (beside the fact that there were hundreds of girls giggling and oodling every time Edward entered the scene, or when the couple kissed)...Paleeeeeze! Although I think my friend Katy was one of them....lol Love ya girl! Anyway, I had a fabulous night out, but came home to a screaming, hungry baby who refused to take a bottle, a grumpy husband (your the best honey!)and a toddler who wet the bed and wouldn't go back to sleep until I pulled her into my bed so I could get some rest before it was time to take Ben to school. I'm sure I will feel the effect of last night's actions in the coming days....but it was so worth it!
1 comment:
I am so glad that you finally caved and are reading the books. They are addicting huh?? I absolutely loved the movie too and I can't wait for the future ones to come out.
Post a Comment