Saturday, November 8, 2008

It can't be True!

So I had a stark reality check this week...I'm....getting.....OLD!?! What?!?! This is all coming into a harsh realization that I can't do what I used to do 10 years ago. I used to dance when I was growing up, all through high school, I was on our Drill Team and Dance team (ahh, those were the days!) and to be honest, I miss them dearly and still even dream about those years...sad, but true.

So On Monday, I was doing the dishes, listening to some awesome 90's music and decided to see if I could still do a double or triple turn (which I could have easily done ten years ago without even thinking). I forgot what having three kids can do to your balance and before I hit my second turn on my slippery floor....my derriere smacked into the floor and I felt my tailbone break! OUCH! Of course, Ben was very curious what I was doing and I told them Mommy got a boo-boo on her bum. Bella offered to kiss my boo-boo better...I declined and now I haven't been able to sit comfortable for a few days now.

Case in point: Never do a double or triple turn wearing socks on a hard floor, especially after having 3 kids and no dance training to get you back where you used to be. Take it from me.

3 comments:

At Home! said...

Ouch! I hope you are feeling much better every day. It is so fun to wander around your blog and to see your beautiful family. Seems impossible that the time has gone so fast. Thank you for sharing!

Kimberly said...

I was hoping for your sake that it would get better quicker and wasn't a real break. Good luck with that.

Anonymous said...

drill team....WOW now that is something that I haven't thought about in a really long time!! I really miss those days...GOOD TIMES! :D I hope that you are feeling better!!