Seeing Better These Days...
I took Ben in for his 5 year check up and physical, and they did a simple eye exam and discovered that he may not be able to see well and could need glasses. So I took him to an Opthomolagist, and she confirmed that Ben needed glasses. So today we picked them up and he says he likes them and can see better, but he would rather carry around his special glasses in their case because he's afraid they will get scratched.
Since discovering his near-sightedness, it makes more sense of some of his behaviors from the past months, like his lack of eye contact with you and he was very easily distracted when you would try to call his attention from across the room, and of course, I should have picked it up most when he would sit only feet away from the TV instead of the couch like he used to. Hopefully, he will continue to think his glasses are cool and keep them on.
Ben has always liked trying on and wearing John's glasses (that was before John got his eye fixed). We always thought he was so cute. But of course, we are biased...he's our kid. :)
Ben wanted to be the photographer for once:
I know, it's a rare occasion that I let my photo be taken, esp. by Ben. We had fun taking silly pictures:
Honestly, these glasses make him look even more adorable to me. I also can sympathize with him since I got glasses when I was about 5-6 years old....I have horrible eyes and grew up being called four eyes and every mean thing kids could come up with. I really hope kids today will be more accepting and not make a big deal of it. John's convinced he will be a nerd for sure now...I've also been trying to get him ready to start violin lessons possibly....there goes John's hopes of a football player.
3 comments:
Tell Ben he looks so cute in his new glasses! At least you are young, Melissa. When my girlfriend got glasses in the fifth grade, she was amazed at how clearly she could see everything, but I don't think it made her mom feel real good when she said,"Gee mom, I didn't know you had so many wrinkles around your eyes."
Ben looks great! I am sure he will appreciate being able to see. I am convinced that kids will always find something to tease everyone about - if it's not the glasses, it'll be something else, at least this way he can totally outdo them academically!
You look great too - way to not look at all like you just had a baby!
He looks adorable in his new glasses! My son wears glasses AND plays football, so there's hope for Ben too! Haha!
Post a Comment