Thursday, October 16, 2008

Please Vote YES!!!

As John has been out of town since yesterday and will return home tomorrow from a Seminar, I have come to one really big conclusion...how much I need him! No, this is no sappy post about our undying love and devotion for each other....just simply that I realize how important his role is in my life and the life of our children.

I've read so many articles, opinions and listened to so many news spots about Proposition 8 and the views of those who are for and against it the ban on gay "marriage". In some ways, I can be sympathetic to the human needs and rights of others, however, I cannot side, nor even begin to empathizes the importance of not letting this trend of same-sex "marriage" continue to happen.

Why? Let's say that religion is a huge factor in my view, but more importantly, I think the biggest factor that I don't support it is my kids....or children in general. I have seen what an important role BOTH the male and female (or more importantly, the father and mother) play in the life of a child, as to give them the balance and clear direction they need in their life.

Have you heard of the parable of the wise man who built his foundation upon a rock, and the foolish man who built his on sand? No matter what happens in life, the foundation built upon the rock will never fail...even with time, even when the storms come, even when evil men call good evil, and evil good. The House built on the rock will still be there in the end. This rock is most defiantly the Holy and Sacred Institution of Marriage of a Man and a Woman! Period!

Let me illustrate it in another way. Two people are in a car. One is a driver and the other is a passenger. Both people have very important jobs as they are headed on a long trip with many twists and turns. The driver has the important role of physically managing and steering the car, but would have a difficult time getting to his destination without the help of a passenger who can read and interpret the map that will ultimately get them to their destination. (Stay with me as I make my point.) Both of these roles are very different (one drives while the other guides), both without each other, would not get very far. So what happens when the passenger wants to be the driver and the map reader at the same time? Disaster! What happens if you had two drivers at the same time, both trying to steer a vehicle at the same time with their own wheel...impossible. You cannot have two drivers...you would not get very far and would most likely crash! If you have two people who both want to be the reader of the map...you would defiantly get no where as there is no driver. And what happens to the dear little passengers in the back seat who are along for the ride? Are they safe or in danger? Unfortunantly, they have no right to choose whether they want to be in the car in the first place. Are you catching onto my point?

The only way to safely get from point A to point B is when you have one driver and one map reader who are working together and compliment each other. They are not without each other. The vehicle is Marriage and there only needs be one driver and one map reader. Okay, I think I made my point.

So, for those of you who think that Prop. 8 doesn't really matter...it really does. Because if you have a growing trend of people who think they can break the rules and laws without at some point in time crashing into you...then you are just as foolish as they are.

I've been taught my whole life to stand up for what I believe in, and to never let me voice faint or waiver. I believe that there is only one way...that is God's alone. I can see the beautiful effects of this sacred calling we have and the rights and blessings that I am given when I obey the commandments, and I will not let thieves steal that away and make a mockery out of something that is divine, virtuous and given to us so that we may bless the lives of our children and thereafter.

If you have the option, please use your rights and vote YES to Proposition 8, and lets stand forever by what we believe to be good, virtuous and true!

1 comment:

TOVAR said...

Amen! The consequences of this decision are far reaching. It will effect everything we hold dear. Their technically will be no separation between church and state. This is so ironic since we can't pray or mention God in any shape or form, but we will have homosexuality imposed on all of us. Has the world gone mad?