Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Buddy!!!

So Saturday was Ben's 5th Birthday, and what a birthday it was! Our day started bright and very early as we heard Ben opening his birthday presents just before 6am.

We left him one present on his bed the night before from the "Birthday Fairy" and then left the remainder of them downstairs where we were going to have him open them before breakfast. Usually, he wakes up around 8am, but not this morning. We heard him wake up Bella too to show her his present the Birthday Fairy left him. We didn't think much of it and thought the kids would stay in his room to play with his new toy.

But sure enough, minutes later, we heard more unwrapping and screams of excitement and then realized he moved the party to the downstairs and was almost finished unwrapping all his gifts. I told him to at least stop and wait until I got the camera out and drag John out of Bed to see it too.

(Note to self: Hide the gifts next year until you are ready for the presents to be opened)

You would have thought it was Christmas by the way this kid opened his gifts.

He was pretty excited to receive a spaceship helmet and planet hero's rocket.

It's 6:05am and this is Bella wide awake.

I think Ben has officially changed his career ambitions from Train Engineer to a NASA Astronaut.


Then after a fun morning of playing with toys and Birthday pancakes and eggs, we had a birthday party with his friends (spaceship themed of course)and the kids had a great time, even though it was a little chilly.



The biggest hit was the Jump Rocket where they each gt their own rocket to launch.

Then it was time for some Pinata fun...of course, it was a space shuttle.



Then it was time to open the gifts his friends brought, but I had a really hard time restraining him from opening them throughout the party. He was just too excited! Thanks to all his little friends for coming!


When we got home and unloaded all the gifts and party supplies and stuff, my house looked like it threw-up...and you can't even see the mess that was in the kitchen. It took me two very-long hours to clean it up...


I'll let you take a guess why....

That's right, John played with the kids and the new toys, and at some point FELL ASLEEP on my kitchen floor. I gave him a warning to take it to the couch, or I was posting this picture....he didn't move for another 20 minutes until he got really uncomfortable. This guy could sleep anywhere I tell ya.

Overall, it was an exciting day, wouldn't you say so Amelia?

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love your cake! You have come up with some prety cute cakes, but that e space shuttle theme was so original. What a fun party!

Michelle said...

Did you make the cake? I am so impressed! By the way, I loved your Prop 8 analogy...beautifully written. Let's pray it passes!

Cherise said...

Looks like a fun party - Bravo on the cake! It's going to get more and more difficult to top ourselves eh? Make sure you let Ben know we wish him a big happy birthday!

Eric and Angela said...

Can't believe the little guy is 5! It looks like it was a very special day for Ben. Way to go! Sorry we can't be there to help celebrate. It is sad when we miss birthdays. Happy Birthday Ben!

Claudia said...

Happy Birthday, Ben! Gorgeous cake!

Sharon said...

It looks like Ben had a great birthday! What a cute cake! You always were so creative. It looks like Amelia enjoyed the day too.

DC Diva said...

Happy B-day Ben! Great cake -- who needs sewing when you can bake & decorate like that?!