Seriously....
I'm starting to think that maybe I have a growing tumor in my stomach that just likes to kick me every now and again to remind me it is there. I know that this little gal will make her fashionably late appearance this weekend, but time has significantly slowed down and I honestly feel like this is the longest week of my life...no exaggerations there! What is worse is having to drag Ben and Bella through my ordeal by depriving them of fabulous weather and pool time. I just don't want to leave the house right now. I'm almost tired of the endless questions of "when are you due?" or " How much longer do you have?"
I am going to go out today though to run some last minute errands that I can't avoid, and maybe even take the kids to the splash park to reward them for 'surviving crazy mommy week', but I just don't want to talk about the protruding basketball hump that should have a sign on it that says "caution: wide load" on it. Maybe I'll make a shirt that says "the baby is coming Saturday, don't ask." Do I sound as hormonal and I think I do? If you live around me and see me with baby-bump in tow, just smile, resist asking the question, and let's talk about how awesome the dances were on So You Think You Can Dance last night.
2 comments:
Melissa, I feel for you! It has been almost 10 months since I've been there, but I remember it vividly. It's all about surviving. The nine months seems to get longer with each baby. But, she'll be here soon! I can't wait to see her. Hang in there. Don't be too hard on yourself. A summer without swimming will not ruin your kids' childhood. They will obviously still have great memories! :)
I really think that you should have gotten a shirt that said that. It would have been so funny, however it probibly would have started more conversations. Sorry about the constant check up's but we were out of phone service and didn't want to miss your news.
Post a Comment