D-Day!!!
Yeah, that's right. It's finally the Due Date. I've been carrying this little munchkin around for 280 days and there is still no sign that she is coming out soon. I have tried everything and she is just not cooperating....do you think it's a sign of things to come? :[
Anyway, despite that we are still waiting for her arrival, we had a fabulous and calming weekend. Since there was off-and-on rain storms, we made no 4th plans and just played it by ear. Just as all our neighbors were stoking up their grills for BBQ'ing, it started to rain, and we made the sound decision to go to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It was awesome! The food was good and it was not crowded at all. We headed over to some friends house for the evening and then headed home in hopes that we wouldn't totally miss the fireworks. Since the streets were already a parking lot, we just pulled over and watched from our car. Luckily the kids had no expectations and thought it was still cool from a distance.
We also had a fabulous time at the Lion King the other night. The kids were really great and just loved all the action, dancing and singing going on. However, about 20 minutes before it ended, both kids were pretty tired and were trying to find ways to get comfortable on John and myself to fall asleep. We took that as a cue that they were done, and since John and I have seen it before, we left early, in hopes we could get out and miss all the traffic. However, we didn't anticipate how horrible and confusing the roads and highways are in D.C. and we got so lost and didn't find our way out of the city for almost an hour! I am so writing my congressman about the lack of visible signs and one-way streets that spit you out in the totally wrong direction. Other than that, it was a great night.
Alright, this post has no real direction so I am going to go. Hopefully the next post will have news of baby girl Petrini's arrival....name still pending. Thanks for all those who voted. It was fun to see what people would choose.
2 comments:
I love your blog. The stories of life that you share are always so dear.
I'm sure you'll know just what to name your little girl once whe makes her appearance and I'm sure it will be just perfect.
Hugs and more hugs,
Love Mom Petrini
Amen about the streets of DC. You'd think with all the tax dollars flowing into the Smithsonian and that whole downtown area that they could get a few more signs that appear before you need to turn that instant. PS I am totally jealous of the whole Lion King thing. Someday I will go. Who knows.
Post a Comment