Tuesday, July 8, 2008

False Alarm...

There is nothing I hate more than to think you might be having a baby and then the hospital sends you home! I didn't think I was in labor this morning, but there was a noticeable difference in fetal movement for the past few days and then I thought I was leaking fluid, so I called out all my friends who offered to help with the kids, and I packed up the car, and John cancelled all his patients for the day. Then we spent the next 4-5 hours in triage being tested, then waiting, then other tests, more waiting, more questions, more waiting, and then I was told everything was fine, baby looks great, and they sent me home. I was sooooooooo hoping they would just get me started, but no...I'm not 41 weeks yet, so I'm no priority right now. AUHGGG!(C'mon, it only takes 2 seconds to break my bag of waters and my body will do the rest....throw me a bone here people!)

So, for all of you who helped me out today, thanks again for your patience and willingness, but you might be hearing from me again in the near future. I do have a scheduled induction for Saturday, which is also the same time that my mom is flying into town...this will be interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your tardy baby Melissa! Maybe she wants to be fashionably late...! Hope everything goes well!

pinon family said...

Being overdue is the pits! I hope she comes soon! At least you know it won't be longer than Saturday.
Hang in there