Friday, July 11, 2008

Do You Think?....

So here it is, 5:30 in the morning. I started having some regular contractions last night (YEAH) and when they started to get closer, (like 3-4 minutes apart), John and I put our Master Plan into motion and called a neighbor around midnight to come stay with the kids.

At the hospital, I was told they are totally booked, but they monitor me and see that things are good and steady, but after three hours, they sent me home...grrrrrr. Do they seriously not take into consideration that this is my 3rd and that I have no idea what happens in real labor? (I was induced with both kids, and with Bella, I still had her quickly).

So around 3:30, we came home, sent the babysitter home and climbed in bed and tried to catch some shut-eye. Now two hours later, the contractions are still coming and they are starting to hurt now. I feel like a first timer here, and I am really confused as to when I should hop back into the car and head over to the hospital? I guess they don't consider myself in true labor until I come to the hospital kicking and screaming for my Epidural. I think my pain level is starting to go that direction. Ouch!

Anyway, I HOPE this is the last you hear from me in a few days, followed by an exciting update of baby girls' arrival. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Eric and Angela said...

Congratulations on your new baby girl! I can't wait to see pictures. I wish I could come over to see her. Glad to hear that everything went smoothly. I am not a big fan of your hospital though. boo for sending you home so much.