Sunday, July 13, 2008

Introducing: AMELIA JANE PETRINI


That's right, she has finally made her grand entrance! Amelia was born on Friday, July 11th at 2:47pm, weighing 7lbs 14.9oz! I still haven't heard how long she was, but overall, she is just perfect and healthy!

Reader's Digest Version of Labor and Delivery:
If you read my previous post, you will note that I was having contractions Thursday night, and went to Triage around midnight to get checked out. Around 3am, they sent me home, telling me it could still be another day or two based on my progress. Boy were they wrong. We came home, and I tried to sleep, but after an hour, the contractions just got stronger. So I got up, recorded my contractions, had a bowl of cereal, then decided around 6am that I couldn't take it anymore and that she was coming soon. We called out reinforcements to help with the kids (A big THANK YOU to my friends Anjuli, Giselle and Maricel for helping!!!) and we were off to the hospital by 7am...right during rush hour of course! Upon arrival, I was crying through contractions and asking for an epidural ASAP. It took them 2 hours to finally admit me due to shortage of delivery rooms that morning, but told me I got the last room! Around 10am, my water broke. At 11am, they finally gave me that blessed Epidural! I've never been happier!!! Around noon, they said I was 5cm, and they thought it would still be a long process, but I progressed quickly and around 2pm, I told them I felt the need to push. At 2:30 I was a 10 and so they set the room up and called in the forces and after only a few minutes of pushing, Amelia was here!

After 24 hours, they told me I had the option to go home early because I was recovering so well and the baby looked great, so after John picked up my mom from the airport, I was discharged from the hospital and came home last night.

Here are some pictures of her special day:

Cutting the cord...a second time

My biggest baby yet:

This little gal feeds like a champ...she knew just what to do.

Getting all cleaned up. She didn't like it at first.

But once she was getting her head and hair scrubbed, I think she rather enjoyed it because she calmed right down.


The kids came bearing gifts for baby Amelia. Then we sang Happy Birthday to her. Bella has been practicing this song for weeks to sing to the baby. I wish I had my video going during it. It was so sweet.


And of course, the kids were even more excited to see that Amelia had brought some gifts of her own to her new brother and sister.

"How did she know I wanted a rocket...this is so cool!" -Ben

"It's a princess!" -Bella


First family Photo:


Grandma Coleby flew in the next day to come see the baby and I'm excited we will have here around all week.!


Stay tuned as I will post some more pictures of our little Amelia. Thanks to everyone for voting for the names....your votes actually counted as I was leaning toward Madelyn for awhile...also a very cute name.

23 comments:

craig said...

Congradulations! Hopefully we will be able to see her soon. Love ya.

DC Diva said...

CONGRATS! What a beautiful family. And you look fantastic!!

Cathie said...

What a sweet baby girl! Congratulations!

Cindy & Billy said...

Congratulations. You looked so perfect for just having a baby in those pictures. Thanks fore posting pictures so quickly. I appricate that very much. She looks so adoriable. She kinda reminds me of bella's baby pictues.

pinon family said...

She is adorable! Congrats.

Cinders said...

Amelia is just lovely. And what mother looks as pretty as you after just having a baby? And posting pics, too? You're amazing! Can hardly wait to see our new little granddaughter and all the family.

Harley King said...

Love the baby. Love the Petrinis.

I wish you could have been there to see John say in sacrament meeting, "Yeah, the baby's here."

Bradden, Sunny, Hyrum, and Olivia Cannon said...

Congrats! Amelia is a great name it's my first name too! (Emelia). Well-- she is beautiful!

Jason and Tami said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you and John! Amelia is such a doll! Talk to you soon!

Holbrook Girls said...

Congratulations! She is just precious!

The Duckworth Family said...

Congrats again and again! Isn't it just wonderful!? And glad to hear that all went well. Isn't it great when they let you leave?! As much as everybody says stay and get pampered, I hate the hospital! i love coming home to my family. I can't wait for #4! Love ya!

Kathleen Ainsworth said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!!!!

TOVAR said...

I am glad see finally came. I think that all the anxiousness that comes with waiting for their arrive disappears when you realize you got more sleep with the kid inside. No really, I am happy for you guys!

The Harwood Family said...

Congrats! I have been checking your blog every day lately just waiting for the arrival. VERY cute name...that's the one I voted for. Can't wait to see more pictures. I'm glad that we can stay in touch this way even though we haven't seen you guys in like 5 or 6 years! Good luck with three kids!

Alayne said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to meet her.
P.S. I wish I looked half as good as you after I had my baby :)

Michiko said...

It's so nice to be able to keep up with your growing family. Congratulations!

Johnny and Becca said...

Congrats Melissa. Amelia looks so cute!! Can I call her Amy? I hope I see her soon!!

Sarah said...

Congrats Melissa! Lily was actually Amelia for 24 hours till we changed it last minute! I still LOVE the name, and maybe we'll use it later! She's a cutie! Glad you're doing so well!

Lybbert Family said...

Congrats! We hope you are feeling well!

Love Kins

britentj said...

She is gorgeous, Congrats to you all!! and a few minutes of pushing?? Are you serious?? UGH

Kay said...

Congratulations on a job well done. I'm glad she is here and the waiting game is over for you. I really appreciate the pictures because who knows when we get to see her in person. You look a such a happy family!

The Bells said...

I just realized that I haven't commented on your blog about Amelia. I am sorry it too me so long. She is adorable. I can't believe how little she is. It is amazing how easily you forget your kids used to be that tiny and helpless. Congratulations on a beautiful baby girl. I hope I get to see her some day soon.
If you go private then my email address is:
eric@ringabell.net
acbell2000@gmail.com

Addi said...

Congratulations on your new little one. (I know, I know...just a little late!) She is so precious. Love her name!