Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Playing Catch-up

I apologize for the lack of posts these past 2 weeks, but I had my mom in town for a week to help with the kids (A HUGE THANK YOU TO MY MOM!!!!) and since she has left, I have had to learn to adjust to 3 kids and a whole new schedule of needs and wants to fill. :)

Amelia is doing fabulous and has been such a great baby! I know it won't last, but she has been on a pretty consistent schedule (which I never expected this early from any baby) and has slept for up to 5 hours straight during the night (which may be the cause to why I feel so great). I hope she keeps it up.

So here are some highlights and a few pictures from the past few weeks:

This picture was taken the night we went to the Lion King. I thought Ben just looked so cute posing.

The morning before I went into Labor, I took the kids to the splash park with their friends. They had such a great time.




Then my mom flew in the day after I had Amelia and it was so great to have her around to help while I got my feet back on the ground.





Amelia's First Bath: I don't think she liked it very much.



Then John's Auntie Joy and cousin Keara were in town visiting family and they came by to see the baby and take the kids to the pool. They were also a big help this past week in entertaining Ben by going to the National Zoo. He had such a great time with his second cousin Dillian.






Then the day before my mom left, we went for a short field trip up to Rose Hill Manor Park for some history tour. We forgot to take pictures along the way, so these are pictures of the kids playing with old toys that children used to play with in the 1700-1800's. Such simple toys and yet they were fascinated by them. I should stop buying all the fancy toys that require new batteries every few weeks and just go for the old fashioned wood toys.




The kids had a great time with their Grandma and they were very sad to see her go...as I was also when I realized that I am officially on my own...yikes!




Once again, I must shout out a big THANK YOU to my Mom, my Aunties, my friends and neighbors for all their help they gave these past two weeks. Also to all those who have been so generous and kind with gifts and dinners. I feel so loved! :)

2 comments:

pinon family said...

Look how cute you are Melissa! can't believe you just had a baby :). Sounds like you're adjusting well to life with three. Hopefully my baby will be as good as sweet Amelia!

Giselle Taminez said...

This whole process of seeing you pregnant, having a baby and taking care of three kids has me so impressed by your strength. You are such a strong woman Melissa, it's amazing. I see you going about your life as if having a new baby at home was just like going out to dinner or fixing the garden.

You are very blessed with a beautiful family. I am sorry I haven't been around much but I do hope to be around more once my cold is completely gone.

XOXOXO