Monday, February 25, 2008

I Caved In!!!!

I am so hitting myself today. I told myself I was going to wait, but at the moment of weakness, I caved.

Today was my 21 week ultra sound and I told the technician when I came in that I did not want to know the gender because we wanted it to be a surprise. She said okay, and then for the next 45 minutes while she measured the baby and checked to see if everything was normal, a battle was happening in my head that went something like this:

"I can handle this...I can be patient and wait 19 more weeks to know...even though I could have the answer right now...I can wait. I'm so glad I told her I didn't want to know at first so I won't be tempted when she offers the gender knowledge to me. But, do I want to know? Kind of, but I should wait....it will be more fun if we wait to find out....but I am kind of curious...I know the technician knows what I am having....Please hurry up and leave before I change my mind....this is taking forever...I can wait....I can, even though John told me I can't do it....he thinks I'm going to cave, but I will prove him wrong....I can wait another 19 weeks....I can....okay, so I am still curious.....is it a boy or a girl?...it doesn't matter to me....but it would be "nice" to know right now....ahhhhhh....I can't take it any longer....I have to know!!!...it will drive me crazy to wait another 20 weeks to find out!!!!.....AHHHHHHHH!!!!.....don't give in.....don't say anything, just let her do the measurements and be done...you can do it.......but I know she knows the gender.....ahhhhh, it's killing me!!!"

I turned to the technician just as she said she was finishing up and said "I can't take it....do you know what I am having?" She said yes, and that we were having a....
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
GIRL!!!!!!

So, when I went to visit John afterward to tell him the news, he pretty much said "I told you, you couldn't wait." But overall, we are very excited and since we know, it's too hard to keep to ourselves, so of course we had to share the news!

12 comments:

Harwood Family said...

Congratualtions!!! Wow, two girls two years apart. It's way more fun to dress up little girls.

Sheri said...

Congrats and you make me laugh. We hope to wait with the 3rd one someday but I don't know if I'll be able to!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I had the same intention originally, but knew when we went in (with #3) that I wanted to know. Honestly that is the most exciting news you have during the entire pregnancy and to not find out would just be depressing! Girl power:)

Giselle Taminez said...

Oh that is SO EXCITING! Just this weekend my family was asking me about you and what you were going to have. Very PROUDLY I told them that you were going to wait.....guess not!

You guys have the perfect gene pool for little princesses. I am so happy for your little family, and for me, since I get to play with her!

Bruce said...

Hurray! Love girls! ;)

I knew that I wouldn't be able to ever make it past an ultrasound without knowing! :) Love the conflict going on in your head, that would totally be me! :) Congratulations!

Holbrook Girls said...

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you guys! Girls are such little sweethearts. Ben is going to be a good, protective older brother I'm sure!

Coleen said...

Congratulations!! I saw a little girl at the movies last night who looked like Bella. I had to point her out to Julie and Roger, hehe.

Tamara Wheeler said...

Congrats! Know what you are gonna name her yet?

And I know it is real hard to hold out. I did it with two and man, it was tuff. Especially with Hannah. That was my first that I didn't find out. I had an ultra sound at EVERY single appointment. And my doctor started making jokes about it.

Julie said...

Congratulations! Another girl - how fun - being that we have two I highly recommend it!!!

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

THat is so exciting! I could never have a surprise gender baby revealing on the date of birth...i would go too crazy! Anyways, I DO love it here in the bay and i can totally see why you'd want to move back. I'm thinking of taking Ava to the SF Zoo tomorrow, what do you think, is it worth it for a 1 year old...she loves animals! Congrats again, every girls needs at least one sister!!

Krista said...

Congratulations! We are expecting our little girl any day now. Too fun! Hope your pregnancy goes well!