Why This Republican just might vote Democrate
I'll admit, I'm a huge Romney supporter. My husband and I are political junky's. We just can't get enough. I'm on CNN.com and MSNBC.com everyday to get the latest scoop of who said what, and who is pulling ahead. When John gets home, we search the TV guide for any debates or interviews of canidates that might be on. We are hooked and know maybe too much about what's going on on both sides of the isle.
But Yesterdays caucusus were very disappointing. I had hoped Romney would have done better, but I think the delegate system is a crock and I wish that every vote counted individually. I think when you add up those votes, Romney would have come out on top. But I will leave that subject alone becuase I could really go off on that one. Anyway, I think McCains momentum has come from a sluth of many undeserved endorsements from political friends because it seems to be some kind of "who-you-know" game that gets you into the white house. I'm not impressed with McCain for too many reasons to list right now, but overall, I just don't trust the guy. Not that I'm super impressed with some things that Romney has said, and yes, I feel that he did himself in, in a way, but he seems to be trying to help Americans see inside the "Washington hook-up" and that you can't just keep putting the same people in office and have them play musical chairs. It will always be the same until you bring in someone knew.
So with an almost definite republician nomination going to McCain, I am definantly entertaining the idea that Obama or Hillary might be a better option. Who knows, I might change my mind as we approach the November election, but one thing is for sure, I know several people who are considering voting for the other party. I'll get off my soap box now.
12 comments:
I'm with you. I can't vote for McCain. I think I'll be an Obama girl. At least he makes cool videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXyqcx-mYY
I agree with you 100%! We are huge Romney supporters, and I am so frustrated! Kyle and I have been watching a lot of the debates, and I can't stand McCain. I am totally baffled by the fact that people like him and want to see him as our next president. Something about him just seems untrustworthy...and his constant smirk....ughh! It all drives me crazy! I'm glad other people feel the same way...
I have been feeling the same way of late. McCain seems like such jerk, I just can't imagine voting for him! We'll have to see come November... I definitely like Obama better than Clinton.
That was a cool video....it almost makes me like him more than Hillary. I'm still very undecided though on who I would prefer in the white house, but both are a better option than McCain.
Hey Melissa - I'm from Arizona and I cannot vote for McCann either.
I hate to admit it but this whole politcal game has been my "reality show" for the last month or so. I am always watching the news to see what is the latest and I am watch the debates. I hated how the media was constantly talking about McCain and no one else. I totally agree about the delegate count. I hate how my vote doesn't count for much because I don't live in New York or California. I can't believe that Romney quit today. I have no clue who I am going to vote for now. I am not sure if I will just sit this election out or if I will vote for McCain or a democrat. Either choice doesn't appeal to me. Well I guess it is my turn to get off the soap box. :) Thanks for letting me get on Melissa.
I have to totally agree with you. I told Aaron that if McCain wins the GOP nomination I voting for Obama. I have generated several consipiracy theories...don't get me started, lol :). Loved the post.
Ok, here is where I see it:
At first I said I'm voting Obama/Clinton. Clinton lies but is more moderate; Obama pretty much has integrity but is more liberal.
I think a President is really limited by the legislature, so it's not like a Democrat would be able to mess things us too bad . . .
So I was thinking I'd rather have Hillary in with a Republican legislature than McCain in with a Democratic one (history has shown we usually elect them in as opposite parties).
I think Obama would be ok -- but not on the war. Finally I decided that pompous McCain could be ok, IF he does NOT have the hate-mongering Huckabee as a running mate.
Finally I came to the conclusion that Democrats are probably going to win anyway, so I'll just write-in "Mitt" for my vote in November. It will be reported as such and give him a little bit of leg up 4 years from now when he runs again.
I liked Romney better when he was Mass. governor and when he ran the winter Olympics. I hate that he pandered to the evangelical and Republican right. We need inclusion, not more polarization. I'm voting for Obama.
melissa... i was just talking about this yesterday with corey, and i really feel the same way about the whole republican swaying towards voting for a dem.... thank you very much for blogging that... i rest my case to my hubbie! hope all is going well with babe #3
I agree completly
Just a thought for you all who are thinking of jumping ship . . .
I'm unhappy right now too, but have you really listened to Obama? He's as close to a true socialist as I've heard in America lately. Let's not let his youthful and charismatic persona blind us to what he stands for.
Post a Comment