Adventures in Babysitting...
Sometimes, I have to really sit back and just laugh at some of the things my babysitters have done in the past. For example, last night, John and I went out and got a babysitter we know. I'm not sure if she has ever babysat before, but the kids said she was really nice. Before we left, I gave her instructions to feed the kids some mac n' cheese, play, and then put them down at 7pm. Since Bella skipped her nap that day, I told her she would go down real easy. And then to read Ben 3 stories only, otherwise he will keep giving you books to read, and then to leave only the bathroom light on.
Well, to make a long story longer, we came home to find all the lights on in the house (it's 10:30pm mind you) and the kids are running around the house laughing and playing, while my babysitter is sleeping on Bella's floor, totally unaware that the kids are not sleeping. Since John had just had his wallet stolen (maybe I should clarify, he left his wallet on top of a Gas pump,(yeah) and of course when we went back 20 minutes later, it was gone) I wasn't so worried about the kids at that moment because I had to get on the phone to cancel all our credit and debit cards and alert the beaurus of possible idenity theft since he had his license, military ID with SSN and everything else someone needs to ruin your life, etc.
SO, when she finally woke up, I took her home and asked her why the kids were so awake. All she said was that Bella wouldn't sleep and kept talking and Ben made her read a zillion stories and then said he was waiting for us to come home. So she thought if she stayed with Bella, she would fall asleep...am I boring you yet with my story....sorry. Well, this morning, the kids told me she made them some lemonade (from the crystal light packets that makes 2 liters each) well, she gave each of the kids one packet in their sippy cups (Super concentrated and sugary) No wonder they were so riled and awake at 10:30 at night!
She is a very nice young woman, but I think she will need some more babysitting practice. :)
There was one other time we had a babysitter, and I told them very specifically that my kids like the bathroom light on for a night light, but that Bella still needs her room dark and the door closed...so I get home at 10pm at night with Bella screaming at the top of her lungs, and my babysitter said they couldn't figure out why she was crying. I went up stairs to find every light on, especially the kids rooms lights on and the doors wide open. Of course Bella wasn't asleep because she was confused about if she was supposed to be awake or asleep. Somehow, Ben fell asleep with all the lights on and the screaming baby in the background.
So what was our adventures for the night. Fun eh?
3 comments:
that is funny. you can tell that she was so exausted. Maybe leave written instruction it will help a little. However it's not full proof and wouldn't preven someone from giving your kids a lot of concentrated suger
Aren't baby sitters fun! I always leave a bottle with babysitters but tell them that I just fed Alex and the bottle is only just in case he is crying and they don't know what else to do. With out fail the last 5-6 babysitters have all tried feeding him a bottle. Then I always wonder if Alex was really that bad, or did they just miss the part when I said that I just fed him?
Aaron seems to be very picky about who takes care of him. He likes most of the girls here at the dorm but the first girl that I had come babysit him, he took one look at her and just started to cry. Poor girl.
Post a Comment