Monday, July 2, 2007

More Cakes...

So this past week has been pretty crazy with lots of Young Women Fundraiser Preparations and making yummy desserts galore. On Friday, the girls put together a Girls Camp Fundraiser where we provided a dinner for the ward and then had a silent dessert and cake auction. It was a amazing how many desserts we had. I meant to bring my camera, but I did not, so I'm sad that we have no pictures of all the girls had work. (My friend who won my cake took this picture for me since I forget, Thanks Becca!) However, the evening went so well that we actually made our fundraising goal to the dollar that we needed. What a blessing! All the girls get to go to camp without worry now. Anyway, so the first pictures are of a cake I made for auction. It did not turn out like I had designed, and I was spending too much time on it and finally finished it off quickly.



I called it the "Alice in Wonderland" cake:


Then On sunday, we were having guests over and I realized I still had some left-over fondant, icing and filling to make another cake...So I whipped up this one for our guests and I realize that simple is so much better and faster.




Anyway, that 's the only pictures I have taken all week. Can you believe it...no pictures of my kids? Also, nothing really new is going on except that my life is back to normal this week. I think we might go to the pool today. Tah Tah for now!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

That sounds like a great fundraiser. Your cakes look so amazing.