New Members of our Family
So for the past few months, John and I had talked a lot about getting a pet. We talked about everything from fish, to turtles, to dogs to cats. We both agreed that we did not want a dog, mostly cause we couldn't agree on the kind of dogs we like. So we thought we would get a cat, (I always wanted a cat growing up, but both my parents are allergic) but since I've never had one, I was a little apprehensive, but John convinced me and the next thing I know, we were visiting our local humanitarian Society to adopt not one, but two adorable kittens. They are brother and sister and were give-ups. They are 3 months old now and they are so fun and playful.
Trying to take their picture with them looking at the camera is defiantly more difficult than 2 kids.
The kids just love the new kittens and do pretty well with them. Bella just normally points to them and says "kitty, kitty, kitty" and she makes a notion like she wants to tickle them.
This is a video I took of Bella today playing with the kittens. She thinks they are so funny.
John just loves the kittens also, and couldn't wait for me to come home last night to see them.
The orange one is female and her name is Lacy.
the black one is a male, and his name is Lorenzo.
Reason for names: Lorenzo was a name John wanted to name Ben and I said no way. Lacy is a name I wanted to name Bella, and John said no way. So now our cats have the names we couldn't name our kids....which also means if I have a boy next, John won't bug me about that name anymore. :)
3 comments:
Oh, my kids would looooove to have kittens, but I am allergic. Enjoy! Good to see that you all are well! --Krista
Congrats on the new additions!
We have gone through the same thing. Our girls are working on earning their second hamster! :) Pets really are so wonderful for kids! :)
Post a Comment