The Verdict is in...
Okay, So I have to say (again) that I love Harry Potter and that the 7th book was by far the best read ever! Wonderfully written and suspensful to the end. I think I'm going to go back and start at the beginning and read them all consecutively because it has taken me over 6 years to read them all because I'm always waiting for the next installment.
Anyway, I have realized that my enthusiasm for the book isn't shared by as many as I thought...I mean, not many people around me have read the series and don't understand what the hype is all about, and all I have to say to them is..."well, your missing out then!"
I hated to read growing up, and if I was required to read for a literature class, thank goodness for cliff notes or older brothers and sister who had already read the book to help me out. Since picking up Harry Potter, it has helped me to see that reading is so fulfilling and can be fun. Since then, I've read dozen of books. I felt like I needed to make up for all that time lost in my youth of not caring for the classics. Barns and Noble is by far my new favorite store, and I have a dozen or so books that I bought just waiting to be read.
Okay, I know, weird blog to be writing about reading material, but I had to share my thoughts. Any other Potter fans out there, or am I just dreaming that everyone in the world was up reading until 3:30am every night until they finished like myself? Anyone? Anyone? *the faint sound of crickets in the background*
5 comments:
I personally am not a potter fan. Never read one book nor seen one movie. But I thought I'd let you know that Coleen is a HUGE potter fan. She did the same thing, read, and read and read. She had the book finished late Sunday night, I believe.
I'll admit it. I'm addicted. So are my husband and my Dad. I only get to read during the day though so I’m only ½ way through the book. Robert commandeers the book at night. We're probably going to have to arm wrestle to see who gets it over the weekend.
As Tammie mentioned...I'm a HUGE fan. I have always loved a good book, though. Class assignments? A different story all together...lol. Harry Potter definitely has my vote, though! I love the books far too much. I'm doing the same thing, though. I'm going to go through and read them all again :-)
hey sisyer petrini its haley scholes and i just wanted to say i totally understand why you love harry potter i love it to lol i stayed up till 1230 just to watch the 5th movie witch was the best and the book is great i haven't finished yet but i know it will be a creative ending so i hear lol
Melissa Tom and I LOVE Harry Potter. We ordered our book months ago and both read it within days of getting it. It was my favorite and I cant wait for the last 2 movies!
sheri
Post a Comment