Monday, June 25, 2007

Ben's First Soccer Game and a Spendid Visit from my Dad

It was so nice to have a visit from my dad all the way out here in D.C....okay, he was only here for a day because he was on his way to Virginia for a business trip, but still we had a great day.


It started with us going to Ben's first Soccer Game...okay, this really wasn't a game, just a bunch of 3 years olds learning the rules and how to kick their ball, but still we had a great time watching him run around kicking his ball (which I might add is a SpongeBob ball...way to promote the show I detest daddy.) Anyway, so here are a few pictures along with a short video of Ben making his first goal ever.



Daddy got in on the fun too.



After a whole 45 minutes of running around, Ben sat down for a drink and told us he was tired and just wanted to watch the game.




Then we headed home for some down-time before we took off again to see the sights of DC with my Dad.


So I forgot to take any pictures until toward the end, but here is John and Ben at the Air and Space museum (my Dad's Favorite Museum),


Then we headed over to the Natural History Museum to see the Dinisours bones and the Famous Hope Diamond. I think I was so mezmorized by all the sparkly jewels and diamonds, that I forgot to take any pictures...but that is now my favorite museum.

Thanks for the great day Dad. We can't wait to have you and Mom come out sometime (hint,hint) and anyone else who feels like visiting (double hint, hint).

3 comments:

Tamara Wheeler said...

Sounds like a fun visit with your dad.

BTW, I tagged you on my blog! :D

Melanie said...

Awhile back you had posted a comment on my blog. I don't know if you remember or not. For some reason I am just now seeing the post.

1st off I want to say thank you. reading your post was amazing. Some days I wonder why I even bother. But I know that I am suppose to, and that's why I do.

Recently my best friend in the church moved away (last week) and it's so hard knowing CA is so much further than IA. But, I deal with it.

Today I saw your comment and really needed the boost. My assumption is that I didn't see it all those months because there was going to be a day I needed to see it more then I did then.

Thanks so much!

Becca said...

That is so fun for Ben to be in soccer! Go Ben!