Fun Things...
I love the summer time when there is so much to do outside. People also start to come out of their houses and spend more time talking to their neighbors than watch TV. Several people in our area of town homes have lots of chairs set up outside their house and they sit and talk to friends and neighbors for hours while we watch our kids play together.
These are my neighbors that I am closest to. They are just super great people and I have learned so much from each of them.
Also, with summer comes more opportunities to swim. I still haven't taken any pictures at the pool, but we did take our neighbors kids with us one time and got an after-thought picture.
Other fun things:
Ben likes to wear his daddy's glasses, and suddenly he acts more mature. In this picture, he found a chair, paper and pencil, and told John and I that he was very busy doing important work and to be quiet...because we were laughing so much I guess at the things he was saying.
Practicing my cake skills: I made this cake for a graduation/goodbye dinner that I hosted at my home for some of my Young Women who are taking off to college soon. I think I spent at least 4 hours on this cake, and at one time, I thought I was going to mess it up royally, but after all the final touches, I must say I was pretty pleased with my work.
After we had dinner, the girls were ready to eat the cake, but I found that I couldn't cut it. I asked someone else to do the damage and cut it for me.....isn't that weird. I felt totally attached to my cake after spending all the time making it to the point that I couldn't watch someone else destroy it. *sniff,sniff* No worries, we have another event coming up where I will attempt to make another cake and add it to my portfolio. Someday, when I have time, i will take some classes and then I will be the lady everyone goes to to make their weddings cakes and such.
6 comments:
Your cakes are awesome! Way too pretty to eat.
The cake is something that I always put off, and start frosting about a half hour before the party. Cherise has come to my rescue a few times; but one year Samantha didn't get her cake finished until the day after her birthday because I was so frustrated. If you want a good laugh check out her birthday page in 2005 and scroll to the bottom.
Melissa, I had no idea you had such an amazing hidden talent! I am seriously impressed!! Can't wait to see more...
So I don't think you necessarily need the cake classes. You are already amazing with cakes! That is beautiful! How fun!
Oh wow! Your cakes are awesome! Maybe sometime you can show me how to do that before we move.
Nice cake! Melissa, I think you've found your life's work, besides being a mother of course!
Post a Comment