Monday, June 4, 2007

One Year Ago...

For some reason, I have been thinking about where my family was one year ago and all the changes that have happened in just one year. I think the biggest changes happened with John finally graduating, (way to go buddy)



and then moving far from San Francisco (I just loved living a 1/2 mile from the Golden Gate bridge and hearing the fog horns at night along with the sound of crashing waves...man, we had it good there),


and then saying goodbye to good friends, (These are some of the other "dental wives" who helped me during those years of feeling like a single mom while the boys were at school...I miss you girls!)





And of course moving far away from family, (John's side of the family)




and then the start of our new life and friends along with John's career in Dentistry and the Navy.

Here are some other favorite photos from the past year and good friends we left behind:

(John's best friend in Dental school and his family. Our husbands were together so much in and out of school that I used to tease John and call his friend his "other wife.")


(Bella's Blessing day....it's always so nice to have family around for special occasions.)


My Parents visiting us often and letting us be tour guides of the city.


(More friends that I miss from SF)


(I especially miss these two little ladies...I used to take care of my friend's daughter when she worked, and Ben and Esme were like twins.)


My favorite photo of the "twins"...


More sites of SF that I miss...and people (Hi Steff), with the Palace of Fine Arts behind us.


The famous "Victorian Ladies"...doesn't it just make you think of 'Full House' every time?


And all those Cable Car rides that we took...mostly because it was the closest thing to a train ride for Ben.


Man, I miss that city, but it's been so great in our new surroundings and I am loving every chapter that unfolds in our lives. I hope you enjoyed looking back at the past year with me...I know I have.

1 comment:

Samantha Ethington said...

My mommy just showed me your site. Cool!