Monday, June 25, 2007

Bella's Little Surprises...


So lately, Bella has been infatuated with her diaper and taking it off when I put her down for naps and bedtime. I usually check on her before I go to bed at night, and a few nights ago, I entered her room, and to my horror, she had taken off a poopy diaper and threw the poop everywhere, and then fell asleep in it. So I calling in my SWAT TEAM aka John, and we took care of the situation as fast as possible, and somehow managed not to wake Bella through the whole thing. Then the next morning, when I went to wake her up, she had done it again, (luckily, no #2's this time) but she was sleeping in a puddle of #1. This has been happening quite a bit in the past few days.



So Finally, John and I took the initiative and decided it was either time to Potty Train....or duck-tape her diaper until we are ready to potty train. As you can see, we choose the later because I still think she is too young to understand potty training. She can't talk to us much and if she needs to go while in her crib, there is no way for her to communicate this and to get out in time.


She just laughed and laughed when he put the tape on, until she realized she couldn't get it off. Now she is trying to push the whole diaper off, but luckily, she hasn't figured that out yet. (sigh)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that's amazing! you guys are funny -- thank goodness ellie hasn't pulled that one on me, and I know she hates wearing her diaper, too!

Bruce said...

That makes me laugh, especially since we did the exact same thing! Love the yellow duct tape, I must say that is much better than the gray stuff we used! :)

Julie said...

Genius!