Sly Little Guy

Ben is definantly figuring out how to get his way...the slick way. For example: I am not a fan of Spong Bob Square Pants (it's a cartoon on Nickelodeon), I think it's crude and disgusting, and I don't ever let Ben watch it, yet he seems to know all about the show and asks if he can watch it. My answer is always no, and we change the channel if it's on next.
Anyway, on to my point. Yesterday, I was doing some dishes in the kitchen while I was letting Ben watch Dora. When the show ended, I heard Ben say, "Hey Mommy, why don't you go upstairs and check your email, okay?" I thought this was really odd because usually he really dislikes it when I'm on the computer checking my email. So this was a sign that something was up...and sure enough, Spong Bob was on TV and he obviously was trying to trick me into leaving the room so he could watch it.
There was another time when I told Ben he couldn't have any more juice for the day and that his options were milk or water. Later on, he came to me and said that Bella wanted some juice. I said no because I have learned that Ben will secretly drink all of her juice and his.
Another time I told him no more TV for the day and that it was time to play with his toys. Later on, Bella was crying about something, and Ben came to tell me that Bella needed to watch a Thomas the Tank Engine movie to help calm her down. Then he continued to tell me exactly which movie that "she" wanted to watch.....nice try Buddy.
1 comment:
taht is pretty funny...very tricky. Brady is still pretty obvious when he's trying to be tricky...he just tells me to "look that way" or "look out the window for 10 seconds"....silly kids.
Post a Comment