Monday, May 21, 2007

Our Weekend...

We had a nice weekend filled with family fun and activities....however, I was horrible at remembering my camera for all of these family outings and so, I don't have much to show for it.
It started on Friday, when John told me the Navy was conducting their Semi-annual Uniform Inspection in the morning. He said it's really cool to see all the officers in their uniforms out in front of the Medical hospital. I thought he told me it started at 8am, and so when I arrived, they had actually finished at 8am. So I missed seeing John in uniform (and he is so handsome in it by the way) so I've included a photo from when he first started the Navy in his uniform.

He's going to kill me if I get this wrong, but the White uniform is his Formal Officers uniform. I don't think I have a photo of his Spring Uniform that he wears right now, or his everyday tan uniform (yeah, they have like 4-5 different uniforms for different seasons and different occasions. I can't keep track.

And the Black Uniform is for the winter. Isn't he so handsome? I have to say I love a man in uniform.



So anyway, since I missed the whole ceremony, John came out in his Dental Coat (uniform) and said hi to me and the kids before we headed back home during traffic hours. LA does not know traffic like the D.C. area...seriously. But I am so grateful for the carpool lane....having kids sure has it's perks sometimes. :)

(Bella just walking around like "Little Miss Independent"

We did however stay to watch the American Flag be raised, and so it was a great opportunity to tell Ben all about the Flag and what it means and how to hold your hand over your heart when it's being raised. He thought it was pretty cool.


Then on Saturday, we went to a birthday party for Ben's 3rd cousin, (which would be John's cousin's little boy)and we went to this super awesome park. It was like the Disneyland of kid parks. I wish I had a camera to follow Ben around. he just ran from one thing to the next and kept saying "Wow, this is cool Mom!" Bella had a great time too on the plethora of swings to choose from. I am going to take the kids back this week and get some pictures this time.

Then on Sunday, we had a great afternoon BBQ with some close neighbors of ours, and we invited the Sister Missionaries to come along. We had a great time and many wonderful things came from that BBQ.

Then when we came home we sat around and had some Popsicles with the kids (Bella has been sick all weekend with some stomach flu and couldn't keep anything down except the Popsicles. Ben was pretty jealous at her diet this weekend.)


So here is John hanging out with Ben and Bella. What an awesome and fun-filled weekend we had.

1 comment:

Holbrook Girls said...

Melissa,
Thank you for always posting updated pictures of your cute family. I just love to see pictures and hear how everyone is doing. Keep it up!
Love,
geri