Playdough and AppleSauce
These past few days have been a little crazy because I've been babysitting my friends 4 kids most of the day while she is away at a Home-schooling Conference. It's been interesting to go from 2 kids to 6 kids running around the house. I'm pretty tired by the end of the day, but yesterday, her husband picked up the kids early, which suddenly made Ben seem really bored with just the 3 of us. So I pulled out the play dough to keep him occupied and happy. He insisted that I make a cake, and so I took up the challenge and had lots of fun. After I made the cake, he said it was missing a candle, so I made one, then he said we had to sing "happy birthday" (to whom, I'm not sure) but we sang the song, and then he politely asked me if I would like a slice of cake. What a great and hospitable host!Of course, who could pass up cake, even if it's play dough? Bella sure couldn't. I kept telling her not to eat it, and she so cunningly tried to get me to really eat it so she could eat it too. Where do my sly little kids come up with these tactics. Anyway, we had a great time.
Bella, who is almost 17 months now, has been practicing her self-feeding with utensils, and I must say, she is getting really good with the aim now. Although, for some reason, both my kids insist on using their left hand...doesn't bother me too much since I'm a righty, but I can't figure out why they are. Although Ben likes to use both hands and tends to switch several times, back and forth, just like he can't decide which hand he likes to use best. Maybe he will be ambidextrous like Mozart and write with both hands at the same time, writing about two different subjects....naw!
4 comments:
Hey Mrs. Artist! That playdough cake is amazing! :) How fun!
wow, what a cake Melissa!
I am very impressed with your cake skills! Do you make the cakes for your kids birthday parties?
Love the cake. You are so artistic.
As for Ben and Bella being left handed. Lefthandedness runs in my side of the family. I was born a lefty but made to write right handed when young. Can still write with either hand and use my left hand when convenient. Grandpa Bud is a lefty, too.
Post a Comment