Thursday, April 23, 2009

In the dark?

It seems I really confused some people, as to be expected with my last post. I didn't want to say too much because I was really confused and frustrated myself with our situation. I also don't want to disclose any personal financial information (which is really at the center of it all).

What I can say is, that even though we have an official offer on the table, we have decided to wait a little longer for different circumstances to present themselves without shooting ourselves in the foot (again, that's all I can say about it). In the meantime, our house is up for rent and I'm sure my Realtor "loves"us right about now.

I'm mostly frustrated with the lack of interest in help from our Financial System in solving the current economic problems that face homeowners trying to sell. My bank for instance, is giving out really bad information and advice, and I think this irresponsible advice is probably what is making our countries' problems even worse.

So, with that said, I think we are more comfortable renting our house for awhile than selling ourselves short and letting other people take advantage of our situation right now.

Did this bring any of you out of the dark?

1 comment:

Claudia said...

What a frustrating time! Not that you are asking for advice, but we have been "landlords" in the past, and I would be happy to talk to you about the experience if you would like - just email me!