Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Quick Update....

I have been feeling neglectful of the blog lately, and even more so of my kids. I've been so busy with pre-Japan preparations, that my camera was collecting dust, and I think Kung Fu Panda has permanently been stuck on Replay.

So here are some pics for your viewing pleasure and a reminder that I have not gone crazy (yet).




Amelia is such a doll! Full of smiles and giggles, and lately has learned to clap her hands, roll over both ways, and is attempting to crawl. She hasn't figured out how to go forward yet, but her backwards crawl is impressive.


I also took her in for her 9 month check-up and it seems the doctors are a little worried that she has gone from the 50% average baby at birth to a less than 1% average in the past few months. She hasn't gained any weight in 3 months, and is the weight of most 4 month olds. She is small (but most of my babies have been, as Ben has always been in the 10% average) and is almost off the charts, and the doctor wants me to bulk her up and feed her practically butter. She has been having a hard time with wanting to eat solids foods and is only now getting the hang of it, but it appears I need to work harder to get her to eat more.

so, there you have it....it may be awhile before I have some time to sit and blog my heart out until the summer. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Lessa said...

I wish I was there to help-- and to meet Amelia. I've never met the little cutie.

Jen said...

Please let me know if you need help with the kids. I would love to watch them for ya!

Harwood Family said...

I had the same problem with Alyssa. I think she has finally hit 20 pds and she is 17 months old. My doctor has me add carnation instant breakfast to her milk/formula. Good luck.