April Fools...on me
So I wanted to have some fun yesterday with the whole April Fools thing. I'm always down for a good laugh.
I called John to tell him I was pregnant again...to which he sounded very happy (not the reaction I was expecting) so then I broke it to him that I was kidding and he actually said he was disappointed.
Then I called my sister (who hears an earful from me everyday about all the drama and stress in my life with our upcoming move to Japan) and I thought I would tell her that the Navy changed their mind again and was sending us to Mississippi...to which she asked if there was a Naval base in Mississippi...drat!
Then I sent Ben to school with a fork for his applesauce, but he came home and seemed more irritated that he had to eat his applesauce that way.
Then I plotted a fun dinner for the kids and told them we were having Cake for dinner. But Ben and Bella are just too smart because they clued in immediately that it smelled more like meat loaf with potatoes and catsup on top. I asked them if they wanted some juice, and handed them a glass of Jello, which was about the only thing they seemed delighted about.
I tried to convince the kids we were eating our food on our plates upside-down, but again, I think Ben was more irritated that his mom was loosing her crackers today.
I guess the jokes on me!
7 comments:
That was funny!...I need to get into the spirit of April Fool's like you! How Fun!:)
Alas, kids are getting too smart for April Fools day. I loved that no one was buying the jokes you were trying to play. Oh well.
That was funny. Sorry things didn't work out the way you wanted them to.
You are so funny!!!
OH MELISSA... you are the best mommy to do all those fun things for the kids... i will keep tabs on those for next year.... i was laughing about the whole jello thing... that is pretty smoothe!!!! so morganne had an accident a few months ago. to make a long story short i had fallen asleep at my sister poolhouse while watching conference thinking others were watching my kids... i heard a loud voice tell me to go and find morganne... my little girl.... and i went right over to the hot tub and she was at the bottom of the hot tub completely purple. i pulled her from the hot tub and put her on the floor... and luckily my brother was there to recesitate her... and she was in the hospital for a day being monitored... but things went well and she is just fine now... she definatley came back with a little more sass... but that i can deal with!!!! hey so you are moving to japan... wowowowow.... and you had mentioned that you were going to be in salt lake for a few weeks... we should really get together and have dinner with the girls... what not... hope things are going well for you... and make sure to post when you are coming home... so i can look you up and give you a ring.....
love,
kim
Melissa, I am smiling at your post!! Seriously so creative!!! The world is a better place because you are in it!
OMG, this is hilarious. I love that you get into april fools day.
Post a Comment