Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Pix!

I know I'm a little slow on getting these pictures up...honestly, I forgot I even took them until today because of all the house-selling stuff (which we have had lots of inquiries and a few showings already, so keep those fingers crossed).

Anyway, we decided to do things a little differently this year, and I think we will keep up the tradition from now on. The Easter Bunny came on Saturday (which we told the kids that it was the fun part of Easter) and then reserved Easter Day totally to teaching the kids about Christ' Resurrection. We also made efforts to teach the kids about the Last Supper on Thursday before, about the Crucifixion on Good Friday, Saturday was the fun day in anticipation of the really exciting and special part of Easter of Christ Rising again on Sunday. I think it really made an impact on the kids, but also it helped me to reflect a lot more than I ever have about the events that took place leading up to Easter.

Anyway, on to the pictures:

The Great Easter Egg Hunt:

"Does the Easter Bunny lay the eggs, or just hide them?" -Ben

"I found one!"

Cuter than a bunny!


We're already on a sugar high!


Sunday Dress:
It's hard to take pictures when it's chilly and equally sunny outside, so these were the best we got.






We hope you all had a wonderful Easter Celebration as well!


Added bonus: I just Loved this Easter Message given this past week...make sure you have a tissue handy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've noticed a lot of people showing interest in Holy Week activities (passover, Good Friday, etc.), instead of just Easter. I think that's a terrific idea and I hope it's a trend that sticks.

britentj said...

We have always done the Easter egg hunt on Saturday, ever since I had kids, and we tell them it is because the Easter bunny has to go to church too, and that Easter is always on a Sunday, unlike Christmas which changes every year.

Kimberly said...

I love the cute pink dresses! Can't wait to see you and your kids this next week-end.