Thinking too much...
I don't know why all the reports and news of the Polygamists sects have captured my attention and interests lately. However, the other night, I couldn't stop thinking about all the things I believe about the subject, and found myself writing a little number about it and what I think. If you are interested, visit the link:
http://mpthoughts101.blogspot.com/
If not, come back soon for more updates and pictures of my family, which I am sure is the real reason you come to this blog...to read about them, and not the ramblings of a 9 month pregnant woman! Cheers!
2 comments:
Thanks for your thoughts- I totally agree with you. It makes me so upset to hear what is happening to these young girls being forced to marry so young. It's rape and abuse according to our laws, no matter how you look at it. They are just interpreting the laws for what they see fit, and blanketing their illegal and wrong practices under 'religion.' It's absurd! You're a great writer Melissa!
Oh and to answer your question about NYC- I HIGHLY recommend you going there before you move! It's a place you just have to see at least once in your life! And definitely go to a Bdwy Play if you can... We stayed at the Hotel Metro, and it was pretty reasonable...by New York standards I guess! We got it for around $220/night..which normally is A LOT but all the other places were at least 250 or more! Crazy! It was a nice place, in a great location, but there's tons of hotels to choose from and tons to do, it's such a great place! I would love to help ya with ideas and stuff if you end up going!
Post a Comment