Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our Memorial Day!

I wish we had spent the day observing and honoring those who have given their lives for our country more. Not that I am not forever grateful and mindful of the great sacrifice people have and are giving everyday, but since it was the only day my husband was home this weekend, we tried to maximize our time with him before returning to his busy work load.

Now that it is officially warm enough, the pool by my home finally opened and it was a nice hot day to make it feel even more refreshing. Although I did not get in the water myself (C'mon, who really wants to see a nine-month prego lady in a swim suit...at least not me!) Anyway, I was told it was a little on the cold side, but with 85 degree weather, it still must have felt nice.

Anyway, we enjoyed some poolside BBQ and hot dogs, and signed Ben up for more swim lessons this summer.

(Getting some sunscreen rubbed in)


(Bella always willing to smile for the camera)






When we got home, the kids rode their bikes and we ate Popsicles in the shade. Then Ben reminded me that I had promised we would play his FAVORITE game of Fraidy Cats when Daddy was home. With that, we enjoyed a fun game and Ben was even more excited when he won.




(I won Mommy!!!!)


Then Daddy and Bella enjoyed a little dance together which was so sweet to watch:



But the day had to come to an end when John did have to leave in the evening to go back to the lab to finish up some "stuff" for his patient coming in the next day.

Of course, the kids were NOT happy about this, and as he left, Bella was literally hanging onto his pants leg and Ben wanted a long hug, which was followed by 20 minutes of uncontrollable crying (on Bella's part) because she wanted Daddy back. By far the saddest thing I have ever seen. Once I got her calm down, we called daddy on the phone so she could tell him she loved him, which made her feel so much better.

(Only one more year of this time-consuming residency and then we will be in Southern California where he will be home by 4pm every night and gets a whole months worth of vacation time whenever we ask for it. I can't wait!!!)

3 comments:

Claudia said...

What a great day with dad! I am so glad that you only have one more year of the grueling schedule and then some great family time to look forward to. What a blessing!

Kimberly said...

What a cute posts of Bella dancing. She is such a cutie. Glad you had a great weekend. :)

The Bells said...

That was a special Daddy/Daughter moment. Aren't dad's the best? That is cute and sad that she didn't want him to go back to work.