Happy Mother's Day to my Mom!!!
I have to shout out a special Happy Mother's Day to my mom today! Although I know many great women in my life who deserve the same shout-out, none of them have been more influential to my life than my own mother.
As I reflect to what this day means (having children of my own now), I can clearly see and be grateful for the tremendous sacrifice and service my mother has given me personally. So I am going to just jot down a few things I love and admire about my mom if you don't mind. There are many things that I love about my mom, and that I hope to carry on in my life and pass them along to my children.
Over the past several years, I have come to love and respect the example that she set for me through her faith and diligence to teach me who I am and what is really important in life.
She always strived to have me try my best and was always encouraging me to reach a little higher.
I love how she always encouraged me to develop and share my talents, and she was always my #1 cheerleader and fan when I would perform or achieve a goal.
It seems when I am down or need someone to talk to, even if she is at work and has a million things to do, she always make me feel like my call is more important and she strives to not let me know that she is busy.
I enjoy the times when we can all get together from wherever we are, and we stay up late, too late sometimes, solving the problems of the universe.
She taught us how to be self-sufficient, independent and responsible for our actions. I wish more parents today would teach their children those things.
She is very adventurous and certainly a kid at heart, who even wears out her own kids with all her energy!
I could name so many more things, but most of all, I love you Mom for the way you are and I am so blessed to be part of your family!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!
4 comments:
Happy Mother's Day! What a sweet post about mom. I agree with everything you said. How did we get so lucky.
Happy Mothers' Day to you too! Thank you so much for your sweet tribute, Melissa, I was the lucky one though to have such great spirits come into my home. I learned so much more from each one of my children than they ever learned from me. I love you, and I thank my Heavenly Father each day for having the privilege of raising you. You, and each of your siblings have brought me such great joy and purpose to my life. Thank you too, Kim, for your sweet affirmation to Melissa's tribute.
I defianly agree with Melissa. I couldn't have asked for a better mom. Thanks for aways being there for us and for helping us reach our goals no matter how late we had to stay up. lol.
Ditto! I think we have a pretty great mom. She did a great job teaching us and preparing us for our own families. I love you Mom!
Post a Comment