Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What did you say?

As a continuing addition to the funny things I hear my kids say, I have these latest stories to add to my journal:

I've been teaching Ben a lot about the baby growing in my tummy and he is very interested in all the names of things he sees in the pictures in my baby books. The other day, Ben wasn't feeling so good and I heard him say, "Mommy, my Placenta hurts in my tummy."

We have finally found someone who would like to take the cats (Yipee!!!), but they can't until the end of the month. So since I know we will still have them for a few weeks, I've been preparing Ben about the cats living in a new home because we are having the baby. I guess I might have also mentioned all the things I don't like about them that worries me when the baby comes; like all the cat hair they leave around that I don't want to get in the babies mouth, or the fact that our male cat is always taking naps in the crib and that the cats are always chewing on the kids toys, and I don't want them chewing on the babies toys....etc...you get the idea.
So on with my story: So yesterday, Ben says out of no-where, "Mom, we should find Bella a new home." I asked why and he preceded to tell me, "Well, she cries a lot and will wake up the baby, and she smells when she has a poopie diaper, and she takes all the toys away." (He named at least 5 more things about Bella that he doesn't like) and then said, "She needs to go before the baby comes too."

Lately, both my kids are very interested in the names of things, (such as private parts) and Ben asked me what my chest was called. Unfortunately, I said "boobies" and of course the kids thought this was a funny name. I also made the mistake of laughing when I heard them say it, so it became the word of the day! I made sure that we stayed home that day in case one of them said something in front of someone else.

Lately, Bella has become more emotional and seems to throw more Temper Tantrums and such when she doesn't like something. Usually, I am able to diffuse these situations a lot easier if I bribe her with something, like, "Bella, you can't have your fruit snacks until you calm down and tell me you're happy." If it's something she really wants, she quickly will hold her breath and then quietly say, "I'm happy now Mommy," *Sniff, sniff* And that's the end of it, and then she really is happy. I know, I know, this could be a disaster technique if I keep it up, but for my own pregnant-sanity, if it stops the screaming and an on-coming headache, you do what ya gotta do!

6 comments:

The Bells said...

That is so cute. I love hearing the little funny things your kids say. It will be fun when Aaron can start making random assumptions.

Cherise said...

ROTFL! OK, that it just too much - my placenta is hurting me - I thought we were pretty forthcoming with the body talk, but Carrie doesn't know about a placenta yet... Keep up the fun kid talk, it always brings a smile to my face!

Claudia said...

Thank you for sharing this stuff! I love the things kids say, and wish I were better about recording it. It always makes me smile when you talk about Ben and his logic, but I love the "reasons Bella must go". That is priceless!

Cindy & Billy said...

You may inform Ben that Bella can have a new home. She can come live with us so she doesn't "wake up the baby." lol That is just too funny. I absolutly love hearing the things the kids say. They are my favoret blogs.

Shari said...

Kids say the funniest things, but I think that your kids have topped them all. That was hilarious. By the way, you definitely need to check out the Twilight Series, you would love it!!

Bill Tanna Ava Fox said...

kids are so fun! And thanks for the tips on san fran! i totally see why you love that city! i do too!!!